Chapter Fourty One: Here we go again

"Guys, help me grab here!" Yelled Joe as I pulled Maya up to the surface by her arm. I went back under so I could push her up enough for them to grab her before coming back up myself. It wasn't very deep thank god, so I found her pretty much right away.

Joseph went to grab for me whilst Joe and Gaten grabbed Maya. "No help them, make sure she's out first" I coughed. "They've got her Bils it's ok, give me your hand" he replied as he reached for me. I coughed up a little water and spluttered as joseph then grabbed me and helped me out of the water as well. He pulled me out and on top of him, instantly pulling me close to him. I was so cold i couldn't think straight as Joseph said something to me i couldn't register. After a few moments of panic from everyone Maya finally coughed up a shit load of water and gasped for air. "Maya!" I yelled, I moved away from Joseph and crawled over to her side as she lay on the floor. I didn't give a crap about myself in the moment at all, I just wanted to make sure she was ok.

"Maya are you ok? Dont sit, dont sit up, stay on your side" I said as she tried to get up. "I think so" she said sheepishly as she started to shiver violently. Joe and gaten ripped off their jackets and placed them over Maya to try and warm her up, it didn't do much though. I suddenly felt something drape over my shoulders. "Bils your shivering" Joseph said as I realised I was also shaking pretty badly. Suddenly the brothers burst in followed by paramedics who all surrounded Maya. Joseph managed to get me up and we moved out of their way. Joseph pulled me into him tightly as we stood in the corner. He was rubbing my back trying to get me warm. "Are you ok?" He asked as he menuvered his jacket so it covered me more. "Y-yeah I'm just c-cold" I shivered my teeth chattering. "I wouldn't reccomend anyone g-go for a swim r-right now" I laughed softly. Joseph chuckled and shook his head at me "Always finding the humor in the worst situations Bils" he said with a half smile, hugging me once more. "You gotta l-laugh about it or you'll just c-cry, t-trust me, I'm the poster woman for that s-saying"

After a few minutes they went to put Maya into the ambulance. As she passed me she reached her hand out to me shakily. "Can you c-come with me?" She asked, her eyes were worried, her whole body shaking "Of course, I'll be r-right behind you" I said giving her hand a squeeze accompanied with a soft smile. "Wait Billie are you hurt too? Why are you wet?" Said Matt as we passed him walking out of the boat house, his face shocked at my appearance. "She jumped in to get Maya out" Joe chimed in, this catching the attention of one of the paramedics. "Then you should come with us as well, make sure you are ok also and get you warmed up" she said as she continued to push Maya to the ambulance.

I turned to Joseph who was guiding me, his hand on my lower back. I looked at him worried.

I hadn't been to a hospital since, well you know. That week stay was the ultimate form of tourture for me. I hate hospitals. I used to not mind them but after my mum passed.. the smell, the sounds, the horrible rooms and cold lighting. It's the last place I want to go right now, the thought of Maya going alone made me feel physically sick though.

I took a deep breath, trying to put a stop to the tears pricking my eyes.

"Bils, are you going to be ok?" Joseph said, now standing infront of me, his tone serious with a hint of nerves. I nodded, closing my eyes and soaking in his touch as he caressed my cheek sweetly. He nodded back and kissed my forehead. "I'll find out which hospital they are taking you guys to and I'll meet you there ok?" His eyes full of concern. "Ok" I said sheepishly as a paramedic came up behind me and placed a blanket over my shoulders before ushering me over to the ambulance. Joseph squeezed my hand before we had to let go as I was taken up to the ambulance. I looked back over at him as I stepped in, he was talking to Joe his hands on the back of his head before rubbing them over his face. Obviously concerned and just shaken up by what just happened.