Chapter Sixty Four: Bling and Blindfolds

Normally I didn't really like making a big deal out of my birthday. I would mostly celebrate by maybe going to dinner or something with Sam but apart from that I just liked to ignore it. Sam was forever trying to convince me to throw a party or do something more extravagant but I never really felt like there was any point to it. I just wanted to turn another year older without a fuss or making it into a big deal. My birthday made me sad because the day never felt the same after my mum passed. It's just a reminder that another year has come and gone without her in my life. Watching me become who I am today, how far I've come in my career, being there to talk to and just being a part of my life as it was so different now from when she left. Every single day is a struggle, let alone the reminder that its another year down being without my best friend.

But for some reason, the day felt so different with Joseph. I didn't even feel guilty about him spoiling me or like I didn't deserve it, he just simply made me feel special. It's like my life was finally worth celebrating now that it was somehow complete with him in it. Nothing and nobody would ever be able to fix the hole completely but he held it together, which us more than I could have ever asked for.

"So we have approximately-" he looked down at his watch "two hours to get ready. I'm going to leave you here to get dressed and head to my place to do the same and I want you waiting for me by ten to eight, ok?" He raised his eyebrows at me.

I studied his face a moment and let what he just said sink in. His tone was a little stern and his choice of words made me want to reply with yes daddy if I'm honest. I love when he takes control and tells me what he wants.

"Yes sir" I replied, successfully avoiding the D word as a shiver washed over me. His telling me what to do was making me want to jump his bones for the third time today already. "What do I wear though? If I don't know where we're going, how do I know what to wear?"

"Sam took care of that, everything should be ready to go in your room" he replied as I hopped out of the car. "I love you and I'll see you in a bit"

"Love you to J" I responded with a small squeal of excitement as I shut the door. I caught him grinning and shaking his head at my cuteness before driving off.

I ran up to the door, opening it as quickly as possible before throwing my handbag on the couch and making a B line for my room. Opening the door I could see all the downstairs decorations from this morning had been placed strategically in my room. The Bouquets on either side of my bed with the bunches of balloons next to them. The rest of the balloons were placed side by side on my far left wall with a note that said:

"Background for selfies! ❤ love Sam"

I could feel the lump swelling in the back of my throat again, this was all so cute. This entire day had been amazing and by the sounds of it, it had honestly just begun. Once I looked over at the outfit laid out on my bed I knew this to be true. I let out a gasp and ran over to it, all laid out with a small silver clutch and silver strappy heels. It was beyond gorgeous. I held it up against me and looked at it in the mirror. This was all feeling so surreal, how the heck did I get so fucking lucky?

There was another note next to the clothes that said:

"No underwear required, at all. Not my request, you can thank your dirty Boyfriend 😉"

I bit my lip a little with a massive smirk as I could feel myself getting seriously turned on. If that's what he wants then that's what he'll get.

I barely made it out of my clothes without falling on my ass from my excitement and hopped in the shower. I mentally planned out my hair and make-up as I washed up so I had more time to shave and scrub intensely.