Chapter Sixty Seven: Lace aint cheap

"Alright, I need to find the perfect outfit for a date with a girl who is in deep denial about her sexuality, any thoughts? suggestions?" Asked Maya as we strolled along the walkway of the large bright shopping mall. 

"Date?" I questioned as I looked down the line of my friends to give Maya a raised brow.

"Yup, I asked her if she wanted to go to dinner and, like with the kissing, she didn't hesitate"

"That's cause she left that boyfriend of hers like three days after Billie's party and seems to be open to some experimentation" Sam wiggled her eyebrows at Maya and gave her a playful elbow to the side. Maya blushed as a small smirk rose to her lips.

"So it seems as though two weeks is all it takes to get over a break up" Added Natalia with a small chuckle. I hummed in agreement. "Well hopefully this means you will stop being such a bitch about other people's PDA" 

"I only dont like it when im not getting any ok!"

"Yeah, we know... you made that much obvious" scoffed Sam.

The weather today had reached a peak that none of us could handle so instead of a girl's trip to the beach we decided on the air-conditioned shops of Lenox Square instead to beat the heat. Sam had even blown off Joe for the day to join Maya, Natalia and me as girl time seemed more important when Maya was having a love crisis. I was just glad that it wasn't me for a change if im honest. We had already been here a few hours but it was mainly taken up by window shopping, a not-so-brief pause for iced coffees and lunch plus Maya and Natalia were constantly stopping to have photos and autographs. 

They managed to keep a low profile, wearing sunnies and other inconspicuous clothing but it didn't stop a couple of people from recognising them. Luckily we were stopped in places that didn't seem to attract too much attention so we weren't being hounded left right and centre. I'm sure word would spread quickly though so who knows how much more time we would get to shop before it may get out of control. We were also joined by their two massive security guys who trailed behind us in their 'civilian' clothing so as not to give us away too much. The mall seemed to be more packed than we had anticipated so with all the moving bodies and people just trying to get where they are going I dont think people had the opportunity to stop and ponder who they were. 

"Maybe we just go on the hunt for what to wear underneath the outfit" Stated sam suggestively "I mean how long do we think it will take before you finally rip each other's clothes off?"

"Ten buck says they dont even make it to dessert" Quipped Natalia.

"I mean they will be each other's dessert let's be real" Sam added, causing Natalia to choke on her iced latte a little.

"Twenty bucks says they dont even make it to the damn restaurant" I stated, looking down at Maya who looked ready to kill us all.

"I say this with love but all three of you need to kindly shut the fuck up" Laughed Maya. "I think I'll just stick with something I already have, we will be here for hours trying to find something if you guys are involved and I'd like to make it home before Christmas"

Maya motioned to one of the large department storefronts as we saw two women decorating a large white Christmas tree with multicolour baubles and tinsel in their decorations department.

"Why the fuck are they putting out Christmas shit already?" I exclaimed "Surely it's too early for that"

"They always do, once September rolls around, Christmas decorations just appear from thin air." Sam whizzed her hands in her face like she was conjuring a Christmas decoration-appearing spell and we all giggled at her dramatics. "It's like fast food restaurants, you never see them being built they just appear like poof"