2 ~ Seeing Things

It's been a month since Eddies' "death" little did everyone know he is alive but, not the same person they knew.

Dustin suffered the most from all of this since he was the one there when he died.

Steve was there for him as best as he could...deep down Steve cared so much for Eddie. His heart ached for Eddie and Dustin.

When he was at home, he would cry into his pillow.

He then would stare at the vest for a little too long.

Occasionally he would wear it around the house.

He loved the smell of it..it smelled like cigarettes, spaghetti from the can, and grass but, Steve liked it cause it reminded him of Eddie.

He never told anyone this stuff cause he was trying to be strong for everyone. Dustin was going through the same thing.

They both were dealing with some shit that they didn't want to face but, soon they would have to.

And sooner than they think.

-------------------------------------------------------

*knock knock* Steve got startled and wondered who would be there at 11 pm.

He knew Robin probably would but, she was busy with monster stuff with Nancy.

"Henderson?" Steve questioned, Dustin, barged in a shaky and panicky way.

"I-i don't know what I saw but, it looked like Eddie and I don't know if one of the monsters from The Upside Down is here...I-i-" Dustin stuttered with fear in his eyes.

"Hey, Woah. Calm down and sit...are you sure it looked like Eddie?" Steve asked, rubbing Dustins' back with reassurance.

"I think so...it had Eddies' mannerisms but, his eyes were red, I swear I saw fangs...I also think he had wings..I think I'm going crazy." Dustin admitted fear was crawling through his body, holding his hands over his head.

"Look you are far from going crazy okay." He reassured with an embrace to make sure Dustin felt and knew he was safe.

Steve wasn't too surprised since monsters took over Hawkins, but what Dustin was saying true? Or was he seeing things?

But, nothing was impossible in Hawkins...they all proved that.

All he knew is that he was gonna protect Dustin.

Maybe he was like a mom. Steve thought to himself, rewinding to when Robin said that.

He smirked at the thought.

Sorry for the short chapter.