13 ~ Save your breath

Eddie finally let go of his grip, held onto Steves' face, and wiped away his tears. Steve opened his eyes and stared into Eddies'.

What. the. fuck. is. happening? Steve cussed in his head.

"Thanks, Munson....we..uh...should get going. I don't want Erica to think we just abandoned her."

"I doubt she thinks that." Eddie let go of Steve and they both continued walking.

They were lucky; they weren't too far from the house...but it was still a long walk.

"Erica. Open up." Steve knocked.

Erica opened the door and stood there. She didn't look upset, just drained of everything.

"Save your breath...I understand." She confessed, closing the door behind her.

Eddie and Steve looked at each other.

"Erica...don't walk without us." Steve hurried over to her.

Erica looked up at him with an empty look.

"You okay?" He asked, he's never seen Erica like this.

"No. Frankly, none of are. For god's sake, before I met any of you, I was just a brat. Now I'm a brat that knows too much, sometimes...I wish I never met any of you...but if I hadn't...I would have no life." Erica looked back down at the concrete.

Steves' heart burned too much. He knows how she feels.

Steve didn't say a word cause he didn't know what to say. He then looked over to Eddie but, he wasn't there.

"Eddie?" Steve wondered. Erica stopped too.

"Over here!!" Eddie gestured to a car. They hurried over and Eddie was hot wiring a car. "Did you expect us to walk to Hawkins?" Eddie questioned.

Erica got in the back and Steve sighed and smiled at him. Steve was trying to hide it, but Eddie saw.

Eddie always liked Steves' smile.

After a long silent drive, they finally got to Hawkins. Eddie fell asleep, and so did Erica.

They seemed so peaceful. Yet, nothing was peaceful.

When they entered Hawkins, it looked worse than when they left. Red fires cover up everything, red smoke, monsters...everywhere.

He then came to a stop, cause he saw Joyce's car.

"Guys, wake up!" Steve yelled they all got out of the car, and the flames everywhere burned their eyes.

He saw everyone together trying to fight everything. He wanted to help, but his mind froze once again. Why though? He doesn't have a clue.

"Eddie?" Robin asked while killing something and wasn't phased by it.

Eddie hasn't been gone for too long, but why is everything so fucked up? How?

Steve, Eddie, and Erica run towards them.

They go into a house after killing off some monsters surrounding it.

Robin couldn't contain herself. She hugged Eddie.

They all question how he's there. Yet, Steve just watches it all. Not knowing what to say or do.

Robin, Dustin, Mike, El, everyone was there...yet Steve didn't feel completely there.

"Steve, you okay?" Robin sincerely asked, "Uh, yeah...I left for what a day or so and you all look different." He announced with a nervous tone.

"Yeah...well...why did you leave without telling us in the first place?" Robin said, kinda meanly. He's never felt so hurt when Robin said something.

"Yeah, we're your friends," Mike spoke up.

Eddie saw how Steve felt and jumped in.

"Hey, why don't we figure out a plan to destroy Vecna?"

Steve looked relieved he jumped in yet, terrified of everything happening so fast. Once, again his brain couldn't compute this fast...about anything. Everything feels off...

Everyone agreed with Eddie and went to the kitchen. Eddie and Steve were left there alone.

"Steve? Are you okay? And don't pull that 'I'm okay' crap. Tell me the truth."

"Doesn't anything feel weird...Robin has never talked to me like that...and everyone looked disappointed in me...I was just doing the right thing...right?"

Eddie looked into his eyes, nothing but fear. True fear. It was tearing Steve apart.

Eddie hugged Steve and whispered in his ear, "Yeah...I know right." But, menacingly.

Then, Steve blacked out.

I honestly have no clue where I'm going with this :)