12 ~ Golden

Steve went to the back to open the hatch so he can get out. Jonathan was clueless about what was happening, yet he stayed back and watched Steve and Eddies' plan happen.

Steve looked back at Eddie and signaled by nodding his head. Eddie then grabbed onto the steering wheel and Joyce came to a stop. Steve quickly got out, and Eddie followed.

"You guys go without us! I'm not leaving Erica behind!" Steve yelled, his voice breaking a little at the thoughts circling his head.

Dustin nodded and Joyce put the truck in gear and drove off.

"Harrington, did we think this through? Going back for just Erica?" Eddie wondered, him eyeing Steve up and down.

"Yeah, I'm sure. I-i can't leave anyone else behind and Sinclair has been through enough with Max-" "Wait, pause. What happened to Red?" Eddie interrupted with mere confusion.

Steves' eyes started to water. The stinging sensation filled up in him but, not a single tear dropped. He turned around and started fast walking. He was hoping he was doing the right thing.

Eddie stared at Steve. He admired him. Wondered what went through his mind.

"Steve. Whatever happened when I was gone is not your fault." Eddie opened up.

"But, it is Munson. I didn't save you and I couldn't save Max. Vecna is still alive and after Will and that is on me." Steve admitted, his eyes never left the concrete.

"No. You don't get to blame yourself for any of that. Eddie stopped and pulled Steve to a stop as well.

"I made the choice to save you guys, I did it for Dustin...a-and you and whatever happened to Red...I-i'm just saying, Steve. You aren't the only one that was there, okay?"

As much as Eddies' eyes were red, in Steves' eyes, they are golden and filled with this energy.

Steve finally broke and hugged Eddie. He just cried.

He hasn't let go like this in so long.

Eddie held him close. He didn't want to lose his grip.

Sorry for the short chapter, I hope you enjoy this one for now <3