See You Later

Y/N/N-Your nickname

{WORD COUNT: 686}

Dustin and I walked into Scoops Ahoy, where we were set to meet a friend of his. "Hi." a girl greeted us. She was in a Scoops Ahoy uniform and had dirty blonde hair. "I'm Dustin." he told her. "I'm Robin." she responded. "Pleasure to meet you. Is-is he here?" Dustin asked. "Is who here?" she asked but before he could respond the door burst open revealing a tall man with long brown hair in a scoops ahoy uniform. He had chestnut brown eyes and an adorable smile. "Henderson!" he called. The boys began laughing and jumping around as I smiled and blushed. "Henderson!" he called again. "He's back! He's back!" he yelled. "I'm back! You got the job!" Dustin called. "I got the job!" the guy cheered. The guy imitated a trumpet and then Dustin and him did a weird Star Wars handshake. "How many children are you friends with?" the girl asked. The guy sighed and pointed at the girl. "This is Robin. And who's this?" he asked. "I'm Y/n Byers, nice to meet you." I said extending my hand. He shook it, "So your the famous Y/n Byers. Dustin told me all about you. I'm Steve, by the way." he smiled. I smiled, "Nice to meet you Steve." I released my hand so the handshake wouldn't go on forever as I stared into his eyes. "You guys want some ice cream?" Steve asked. I nodded my head 'no.' I had just finished eating, so I wasn't hungry. "I'll take the U.S.S Butterscotch." Dustin said. "Dustin, I'll meet up with you later. I've got to go meet up with Max and El." I said and he nodded. I walked out after lying about what I had to do. In reality, I needed to get away from Steve or some things I didn't want to say would have been said. I biked back home and ran right to my room. Nobody was home because Will was off somewhere with Lucas and Mike, and I have no idea where Jonathan is. Probably off with Nancy. And mom's at work, so it's just me home alone. If mom knew she'd have a heart attack. I flopped onto my bed and screamed into my pillow. He's so hot! Why must he be so hot?! I love him. I fell asleep pretty quickly after that. 

    I woke up later that evening just in time for mom to be home to make dinner. She made meat loaf, one of my least favorite meals to be honest, so all of dinner I just messed with my food thinking about Steve. "What's wrong, honey?" she asked. "I'm just not hungry." I told her. That was another reason for me not eating. "How could you not be hungry. You were asleep almost all day?" Jonathan asked. Jonathan was my twin brother. We didn't look alike but we're the same age and were born the same day, so we are technically twins. "I'm going to go hang out with Max and El." I said and went to my room to call them. Eleven was the only one to pick up, "Hey, Y/n/n." she said. "Hey, El. You wanna hang out?" I asked. "Yes. Where?" she questioned. Her vocabulary was still limited even after spending three years with us all. "My house?" I asked. "Sounds...fun. See..you..soon." she said slowly. "See you soon." I said and hung up the phone. "Mom, El's coming over." I told her. "Ok, hun." she smiled. El was over a few minutes later and we talked for a few hours until Hopper called asking her to be home. "El, Hopper wants you home." my mom told us. "Ok. I'll take her home." I said and we ran outside to grab my bike and rode her home. "Thank you..for having..me." El stammered. "No problem, El. I'll see you later." I smiled and rode back home. I went to my room and showered getting ready for bed. I hung out on my bed and watched a movie, every once in a while getting up to fix it. I fell asleep mid-movie at around 10:00.