Slash One

{WORD COUNT: 651}

TW: WEAPONRY, CUSSING, KEROSENE

    Erica, Nancy, Robin, Steve, Max, and I walked into the War Zone, full of people. "So much for avoiding angry h1cks." Robin sighed. "Let's be...fast." Nancy said and we started running around the place to get our supplies. "Yep." Max agreed. "Definitely." Erica added. I stuck with Steve and Robin who were grabbing tubs of kerosene. Steve had found a shirt and jacket to put on for walking around the store. Robin stood and stared at a red-headed girl picking up some tools. Steve and I took notice and it made us smile. "What are you gonna do Robin? Just stand there and gawk at her?" Steve asked. "Shut up." she told him. She was about to walk up to the girl, whom I'm guessing was Vickie, but a man came up behind her and scared her. Robin stared as the boy kissed Vickie, breaking Robin's heart. Vickie looked over at Robin, who was still staring at the girl while Vickie's boyfriend kissed her neck. Robin ran away and pushed past Steve and me. "Robin. Robin. Robin." Steve called. We paid as quickly as possible and ran our *sses to the trailer. "What happened?" Lucas asked in a panic. "We gotta go." Steve told him. "Your old friends are here." Erica added. "Sh1t." Lucas panicked. "Let's go! Let's go! Let's go!" Dustin yelled. "I'm going! I'm going! Sit down!" Steve yelled back and got the trailer moving. 

    We got to weathertop and got all our stuff out of the trailer home. Robin, Steve, and I worked on filling empty bottles of alcohol with kerosene while Max and Nancy worked on Nance's gun. Dustin and Eddie were hammering nails into the lids of trash cans as the Sinclairs were working on spears. I wasn't paying attention to sh1t being said by anyone, I was listening to Madonna keeping Vecna away as long as possible. "I mean, it just doesn't make sense." Steve said as I began actually paying attention to people. "What doesn't make sense?" Robin asked. "That was Dan Shelter. He graduated, like, two years ago." Steve told her. "So?" Robin puzzled. "So he's in college. Which means he was visiting on spring break. Fast time was returned, like, I don't know, a week ago? Right? Unless she's got some horndog brother that we don't know about. Which is possible. Or she's just really into Judge Reinhold? No." Steve perplexed. "Steve!" Robin called. "What?" he asked. "I don't care. And I don't understand why you do either that's going on. Honestly, this feels like a perfect time for that little pull of the rug because...in the face of the world ending, the stakes of my love life feel spectacularly low." she told him. "Yeah. I mean, I get you there, but...I still have hope. For you. I have a wife." he rushed the ending so he didn't p1ss me off. "Not everything has a happy ending." Robin sighed. "Yeah, yeah, believe me, I almost know." he sighed. "I'm not talking about failed romance. I just...I have this terrible, gnawing feeling that...it might not work out for us this time." she explained. "You think we shouldn't be doing this?" Steve asked. "I think we're mad fools, the lot of us, but..." she sighed, "...but if we don't stop him, who will?" she wondered as she looked out towards everyone else. Eddie and Dustin were play fighting with their nailed trash can lid shields, Nancy was practicing on the gvn, and Lucas and Erica were making sure the spears worked okay. Which wasn't very difficult, I wouldn't think. "We have to try, right?" Robin asked. "Yeah." Steve nodded. "To killing Vecna." he said and handed Robin the filled bottle of kerosene. She picked one up and handed it to me and then picked another one up for herself. "Slash Henry." she continued. "Slash one." I finished and we clicked our glass bottles together.