Alright

{WORD COUNT: 1,533}

POSSIBLE TW: MENTIONS OF MURDER, INJURY, POLICE, AMBULANCE, SMOKING, AND CUSSING

    Within a few minutes the police and ambulance had shown up at Rink-O-Mania. It was as if someone had been mvrdered. There was an EMT knelt down next to Angela who was sitting in a booth crying her eyes out. "Can you tell me your name?" The EMT asked. "Uhm...Angela." she sniffled. "Angela. And do you know where you are, Angela?" he questioned. "Um, Rink...Rink-O-Mania, I think?" she told him. "Rink-O-Mania. Very good." the EMT praised. "Now, where does it hurt, sweetie?" he asked her. "My head." she cried. "Your head hurts?" he questioned. "And my nose." she wept. Jonathan and Argyle made their way through the crowd of people. "I-I can't breathe." Angela complained. I rolled my eyes knowing she was lying. She was a stuck up b!tch who got what she deserved. "Just try to take some deep breaths. Breathe slow for me, okay? That's it." the EMT coached her. Everyone was whispering and talking about what they had just witnessed. I loved Eleven, and what she did was amazing, but I think, even though I totally think Angela got what she deserved, El may have taken it a step to far. I stopped listening to the EMT and instead just watched from afar. The people closest to Will, Mike, Steve, and I wouldn't stop staring at us. Mike looked over at Eleven who was sat down on the other side of the booth we were leaning on. Her leg was shaking anxiously and she was thinking of her life decisions at this point. 

    "I know this may be, like, upsetting and sh!t, but that future prom queen is gonna be fine. It's just, like, rubber wheels." Argyle said as we drove back home. "Plastic." Jonathan corrected. "Oh." Argyle marveled. "Not like hard plastic. Just...Just the soft kind." Jonathan said. "Totally." Argyle agreed. "But you ever wonder why the wheels aren't wood, man? Or metal? It's so people don't get hurt when they get shmacked." Argyle explained. "Oh." Jonathan marveled. "Yeah. Because it happens more than you think, man. Roller-skate attacks." Argyle finished. "Man. Hey, at least it wasn't an ice skate." Jonathan tried to cheer El up. "That nose would've been sliced clean off, man." Argyle emphasized. Jonathan yelled in disgust as he covered his nose from thinking about it. "It could've been so much worse." Argyle told her. "So much worse." Jonathan added. I rolled my eyes and sighed. "What? You got a problem, princess?" Argyle asked. "You two are so high." I dragged out the word 'so' because I knew it was true. "What's...high?" Eleven asked. "Don't worry about it." we all chorused. "In the grand scheme of things, it's just a little blip." Jonathan continued the original conversations. "That's a funny word, man." Argyle laughed. "Blip." Jonathan said. "Blip." Argyle repeated. "Blip." Jonathan added. "Blip, blip, blip, blip, blip, blip, blip." they chorused over and over again. I rolled my eyes and groaned, throwing my head backwards onto Steve's chest. Then eventually, Argyle began singing the circus theme in 'blips.' You thought you heard annoying? Wait til you hear this. 

    Argyle dropped us off at the house and we walked slowly inside. It was late at night and mom was nowhere to be seen. "Mom?" Will called. We walked into the kitchen and Murray was making dinner in one of moms aprons. "Well, well! Aren't you lot a sight for sore eyes, huh?" he beamed. "Hi, Murray!" Jonathan waved cheerfully. "You kids like risotto?" he asked, holding a wooden spoon with some sort of weird chunky mush on it. "Yeah." Jonathan smiled. 

    We all ate the chunky mush and salads with a piece of strange looking bread. "So, there I was, headed down the I-5, going out to see a client in Ventura. I'm looking for a motel to stay for the night, and suddenly, bam, it hits me. 'Didn't the Byers move here?" Murray explained. "Small world, isn't it? It's a small world." Mom smiled. "So I thought, 'Hey, you know what. Why don't I drop in, say hello to my old friends?" he chuckled. "It's so sweet of you." Mom said. 'So sweet of you to let me stay." Murray chuckled. "And he cooks, too." Mom said. "Mm, and cleans. A regular little house wife." he laughed. "You should just stay." Mom suggested. "I'd be tempted, Joyce, except, you know, you have that, uh..." Murray began. "Right, that business trip." she finished. "Business trip? What business trip?" Will asked. "Oh my gosh. I almost forget to tell you guys. This thing came up at work last minute. And it turns out I have to go to a conference tomorrow. In Alaska." she told us. "Alaska?" Will puzzled. "Tomorrow?" Mike quizzed. "Crazy, right?" Murray questioned. "That's where there based, the Britannicas. Joan and Brian Britannica." she explained. "Mm. So do Eskimos, like, still live in igloos, or, uh, are they, like, fully-blown, like, living in the...in the suburbs now?" Argyle asked. I closed my eyes in second hand embarrassment and groaned, sinking down in my chair. "Who is this?" Murray asked. "So, Jonathan, this means you're gonna have to, you know, take charge while I'm gone." Mom told him. "Wait. What? What's going on?" he puzzled. "Oh my..." Will sighed. "Your mom's going to Alaska." Argyle whispered to him. "You're going to Alaska?" he asked. "Mm-hmm." Argyle said. "What's going on in Alaska?" Jonathan asked. Mom was suspicious of Jonathan's behavior tonight, and I knew she had an idea of why. "The Britannicas are there." Argyle told him. "The Britannica's?" Jonathan questioned. "Mm-hmm." Argyle said. "Jonathan, what is wrong with you?" Mom queried. "I think I know what's wrong with him." Murray mumbled in a not so quiet way. "We just had a super stressful day." Jonathan explained. My eyes went wide praying he wouldn't tell them what happened. "Stress, huh?" Murray questioned. "This girl got shmacked in the head today at the roller rink." Argyle said. I saw El sit up in her chair and her eyes go wide in fear. I sat back up in mine and continued to eat the risotto. "Shmacked?" Murray puzzled. "Yeah, it was one of those vicious skate attacks." Argyle told him. "A skate attack?" Murray questioned. "Yeah, but it wasn't like an ice skate. It was, uhm...It was a plastic skate." Jonathan explained. I stared at Eleven who was viciously glaring at Jonathan. "No, it was, like, rubber." Argyle corrected. "Rubber. Rubber. Rubber." Jonathan repeated. I rolled my eyes. "You know what? I'm not sure. Anyway, she looked like she's gonna be fine." Argyle said. "She's totally fine." Jonathan added. "She didn't look fine." Mike said. Eleven's eyes narrowed as she looked over at Mike who was playing with his food instead of eating it. Eleven finally snapped and stood up and walked up to her room, throwing her napkin on the table. "El, aren't you going to finish your-What?" Mom puzzled. Will sighed and mom looked even more confused. "What is going on, you guys?" she asked. "Okay, I, uh, I sense tension. Is it the risotto? Everyone hates the risotto?" Murray asked. "Absolutely not. No, it's incredible." Jonathan told him. "Mm-mm. This risotto is shmackin', dude." Argyle added. I rolled my eyes and sighed. Murray chuckled, "Still have no idea who he is." he finished. 

    After dinner I took my plate to the sink to rinse it off. "So, you ready to fly home tomorrow?" Steve asked as he hugged me from behind. "I wish we could stay, but I know we can't." I told him. "Me too, love. Me too." he said and kissed the side of my neck. I walked upstairs and Steve followed close behind me like a little lost puppy dog. I got in the shower and sat there for a minute before washing my hair. "You okay, love?" Steve asked as he got in the shower with me. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just tired, you know? It was a long day." I told him. "I agree." he smiled and kissed me gently on the lips. A few minutes later I got out of the shower and dried myself off before putting on my pajamas. Steve got out a couple minutes after me and put on the pair of pajama pants he brought. I brushed through my hair and put it in a high ponytail. I flopped down on the bed and waited for Steve. "Anything special you want to do tonight?" he asked as he walked out of the bathroom. "Sleep." I told him. He laughed as he flopped down on the bed next to me. "Me too." he agreed. I sat up and pushed myself all the way up to the top of the bed and climbed onto the covers. "Good night, love." Steve smiled and kissed me on the head. My head started pounding a couple minutes later so I got up and got some Tylenol. "You okay, hun?" Steve asked. "Yeah, just getting some Tylenol. I have a headache." I told him. "Alright." he said and fell back to sleep. I climbed back into bed after swallowing the Tylenol with no water and fell back to sleep pretty quickly.