Good Night

{WORD COUNT: 586}

    I woke up the next morning still in bed with Steve. I got up and grabbed my things which were set on the living room couch. Steve came down rubbing his eye and yawning. "Morning, Steve." I smiled. "Morning, Y/n." he said groggily. "I'm going to head home so we can head in for work. I'll see you in a few, my love. Bye." I valedicted and walked out the door. I ran home as fast as possible and opened the door quietly. It was kind of early so I didn't want to wake anyone up, but of course, mom woke up. "Morning, hun." she smiled as she walked into the kitchen and grabbed out a bowl. "Morning, mom. I need to get dressed so I can go to work, but I'll be back this evening." I told her as I walked into my room. I put on my uniform and walked out into the driveway where Steve was waiting for me. "You look fantastic in that uniform." he laughed. "Shut up and drive." I huffed as I got in. He knew I hated the uniform because it looked stupid, so he constantly said how good I looked in it which wasn't a bad thing because it meant I got loads of compliments throughout the day, but they were all jokes and he only did it to annoy me. 

    We pulled up to the mall and ran into Scoops Ahoy. Robin always opened, so I felt kind of bad for her. "Morning, dingus. Morning, dorkus." Robin greeted. "Morning, Robin." Steve and I chorused. I started getting things dusted off and set up while Steve helped Robin in the front. "Steve, what time do we get off today?" I asked. "3:00." he answered. "Alright, thanks." I smiled. We worked for what felt like days but was actually only hours. We went into the back and changed from our uniforms to our regular clothes. "So, Y/n, I was thinking we could go get dinner, then go see a movie, and get ice cream since Robin works until 7:00 today, and then we can head back to my place for a couple of hours and hang out." Steve said. "I like it. Let me call mom and let her know I won't be home until around 10." I smiled and walked over to the phone. I called mom and let her know my plans and then walked with Steve out to the car. He drove to Enzo's and we got a table to eat. As soon as we finished eating we went to the movie theatre and watched Explorers. The movie was over around 6:30 so we ran to Scoops Ahoy. We shared a U.S.S. Butterscotch as we talked and laughed. "So, you wanna head back to my place?" Steve asked. "Yeah. Let's go." I smiled and walked out to his BMW. We drove to his house and talked for hours. 

    I ended up going home an hour late. "Sorry, I'm late mom. I didn't expect to be home so late." I said setting my bag on the counter. "It's alright, hun. Just please remember to call me next time." she said. "I will I promise. I'm going to bed though because I'm exhausted." I told her. "Ok, hun. Good night." she smiled and I walked to my bedroom. I took off my clothes and changed into pajamas and put my hair in a braid and flopped onto my bed. I fell asleep pretty quickly, exhausted from my shift.