Darling

{WORD COUNT: 594}

    I got up early in the morning and threw on a pair of black jeans shorts with an AC/DC band shirt. I put on my black converse high tops and my backpack and headed to work an hour early. I ended up having to walk, which sucked, but Jonathan was already at work, Mom had taken Will to Mike's house and gone to work, and I didn't want to get my bike out. It took me about 30 minutes to get to Scoops Ahoy, so when I did I ran immediately to the back. "Good morning." I huffed as I ran into the back past Steve who was getting everything at the counter set up. I ran into the staff bathroom grabbing my uniform at the same time. I walked back out and as I did I tripped over thin air falling almost face first into a table and knocking it over in the process. "Y/n, you are the most perfect person ever." Steve smiled. "Awww, thank you." I simpered, still on the floor. (Credit to ckristenr on Twitter for the prompt and Squeeps Heere on Pinterest for posting it to Pinterest). Steve walked out from behind the counter and extended his hand towards me. I grabbed it and he helped me get up. "You're about 15 minutes early though." he told me. "I know. I had to walk here because Jonathan and my mom were already at work, so I had no vehicle to take, forcing me to walk." I informed him. "Don't you have a bike?" he asked. "Yeah, but I was to lazy to get it out." I said. He laughed and walked back behind the counter. "You know, that uniform looks really good on you." he complimented. "Thanks." I smiled. "Now, will you come help me dust the shelves down here?" he asked throwing a rag at me.

    I worked until 5:00 that evening and then grabbed my stuff to leave. As I began to walk out Steve grabbed my wrist and started running to the back. "Ok, I know you want to go home, but I want to do something spontaneous." he said. "Ok, what?" I asked and he dragged me into the next door into the underground halls. We ran in the direction of the movie theatre and snuck into Day of the Dead. I hadn't seen the movie yet, but wanted to. "Steve, we just broke into a movie theatre." I whispered into his ear. "Yeah, I know." he said nonchalantly. "Dude, this is gonna get us in trouble." I worried. "Not if people don't hear us talking about it." he said. We watched the movie and whenever there was a scary part I would wrap my arms around his arm and bury my head in his shoulder. The movie was over a couple hours later and we headed out to the main part of the mall. "I really should get going now. Thank you though." I smiled. "Of course. Why don't I drive you home though? I know it's a long walk." he offered. "I'd appreciate it." I smiled as we walked out to his car. We got in and he drove me home. The whole ride I had butterflies. As soon as I got home I waved a goodbye and headed to take a shower. When I got out I ran to my room and put on my pajamas. And accidentally fell asleep again. I was exhausted from work today though, so I wasn't surprised when I woke up in the middle of the night.