Chapter 21 - End Of The Double Date

"You are not going to eat that whole thing?" Lauren asked, chuckling as the double cut pork chop was placed in front of Camila. It sat atop a huge mound of mashed potatoes with a serving of steamed spinach on the side.

"I probably won't finish the spinach," Camila answered, grinning as she cut into the slab of meat.

"You wanna try mine?" Dinah asked Normani, cutting off a piece of lobster tail and dipping it into the clarified butter and lemon mixture. Normani nodded and Dinah fed her a bite from her fork. Normani hummed happily and Lauren shook her head.

"This is getting to be like a bad porn movie," Lauren said, smirking at Normani.

"Can't wait to get to the money shot," Normani answered, grinning and nearly making Dinah spit out the bite of food she had just put into her mouth.

"How do you like yours?" Camila asked Lauren, shaking her head and changing the subject.

"It's wonderful," Lauren said, cutting off a bit of her rare tuna and sliding it onto the edge of Camila's plate. Camila popped it into her mouth and smiled.

Mike approached the table to check on the women.

"How's everything?" he asked with a friendly smile.

"It's all wonderful," Lauren answered, sincerely, "I honestly can't remember the last time I had a meal this good."

"You outdid yourself, Mike," Dinah added, happily.

"Hey, Mike, maybe we could get together with you and Imra and the kids one day," Camila said happily, "I'm sure Lauren's daughter, Lori, would love to run around with them."

"I'd like that," Mike said, "Shoot me a text and we'll figure it out."

"I will," Camila said smiling.

Mike excused himself back to the kitchen and Lauren looked at Camila with a soft grin.

"I hope that's okay with you," Camila said to Lauren, "I guess I should have asked first."

"I think you just set up Lori's first ever playdate with a kid her own age," Lauren said, smiling softly. "It's more than okay." Lauren leaned in and surprised Camila with a sweet, soft kiss. When she pulled back Camila had a goofy grin on her reddened face.

"Look who's going all in now," Normani teased.

"Shush," Lauren said, going back to her food.

When they finished their entrees, Camila sat back and sighed.

"I probably shouldn't have eaten the whole thing," she said, grimacing, "It was so good, though – I couldn't stop myself."

"Babe, that was enough pork for three meals," Lauren said chuckling.

Camila smiled at the term of endearment and draped her arm over Lauren, pulling her closer in the booth. Lauren relaxed her arm onto Camila's thigh and cuddled into her a bit. Dinah caught Camila's eye for a moment and gave her a soft smile.

The waiter approached the table and put the bill on the edge, clearly unsure who to hand it to. Dinah immediately scooped it up and placed her credit card in the slot. Lauren and Normani were both reaching for their purses.

"Dinner is on the Hansen sisters," Dinah said, handing the waiter the billfold and waving him away.

"No way," Lauren said immediately, "Let's just split it."

"We asked you guys to go out tonight," Camila said, "We're buying."

"We'll agree on one condition," Normani said, looking at Lauren with a grin, "We get to pick the next double date location and it's on us."