Chapter 41 - Moving in and going to the park

Dinah dropped the last box in the den and opened it up. The move to Lauren's house had been quite easy. Camila hadn't taken much when she moved to Alta Vista from Salt Lake City. She had a company come in and sell her furniture after the accident. She didn't want to deal with any of it. She only needed to move clothes, toiletries and a few personal items into Lauren's house.

Dinah pulled out a few framed pictures from the box and Camila and Lauren placed them around the living area, mixed in with the photos already there.

"I've got one more, hold on," Dinah said.

She walked outside to the car and pulled out the framed photo she had hidden under the seat and looked at it with a smile.  She went back inside holding it behind her back.

"I ran and got this printed and picked up a frame this morning," Dinah said, smiling. She handed it to Camila.  Camila's face lit up in a grin and her eyes filled.

"Lauren, come see," Camila said, reaching out her hand and interlacing her fingers as she brought her close.

The picture was from the pier with Camila, Lauren and Lori just after the proposal.

"Oh, Dinah, this is perfect," Lauren said, getting teary-eyed as well, "Thank you."

Normani and Ruby walked over and grinned, looking at it as Lori pulled on Lauren to get her to lean down and show her. Lauren walked to her mantle and moved the most prominent picture of her and Lori aside and replaced it with the new one.

"Okay, wanna head back for one last walk through?" Dinah asked Camila.

"Yep," Camila said, leaning in for a quick peck to Lauren's lips, "I'll see you after dinner."

"Okay, love," Lauren said, smiling softly.

Dinah had asked Camila to have one last dinner with her at the apartment with just the two of them and Camila had happily agreed. They picked up their favorite Italian food on the way home and sat down across from each other at the table. Camila started eating immediately, hungry from the activity of the move. Dinah watched her with a smile. Camila looked up and paused from taking another bite.

"What?" Camila asked, grinning.

"I'm so proud of you," Dinah said, her voice cracking.

"DJ, don't make me cry," Camila said, "This is our last dinner as roomies!"

"I can't help but think back to the day you moved in," Dinah said, ignoring Camila's request, "You were a shell of the person you are today. You've worked so hard, Mila. I'm really happy for you."

Camila put down her fork and stood up. She walked around the table and pulled Dinah from her chair into a tight embrace.

"I couldn't have done it without you," Camila said, softly, the tears flowing, "I love you so much, DJ. I'll never be able to repay you for everything you've done for me."

"Seeing you happy again is all the repayment I need," Dinah said, hugging her tightly.

Camila went back to her seat and wiped her eyes. They settled back into their meal.

"I was thinking," Camila said, "I don't want to go back to how it was when I was in Salt Lake City. We hardly talked."

"You were busy with work," Dinah said, "It's different now. You're here."

"Yeah, and I know we'll do Sunday brunch together and hang out with Lauren and Normani," Camila said, "But I want to make it a priority for us to see each other, just the two of us. I don't want to lose this."

"I'd really like that too," Dinah said, smiling softly, "Maybe we could plan lunch or dinner once a week?"

"That sounds perfect," Camila answered.