How About.. No. ~ 4

(That's my cat lol)

You wait in line, and once it's your turn, you order some shortcake, human sweets aren't as good as the ones for gods, but you found that cakes are similar. You hand the money you owe, and as soon as the cake is ready, you take it and have a seat. You check the clock at the bakery, and notice that it's around 7pm. You were walking for a long time, considering you left the bus around 3pm. You look over, since you felt someone looking at you, and it was right. A pale man with messy, black hair, and eyebags was staring at you. You lock eyes with him, and you both don't look away, until you look back at your cake, and start eating it.

You finish the cake, and thank the cashier. Walking out, you notice the man who was looking at you is following behind you. 'Weird, what's this guy doing? I mean, it's not like he can hurt me anyway..' you continue walking at a normal pace, wondering what this man is doing, and why he's following you. He didn't seem like a creep when you saw him at the bakery, but who knows. You wonder where to go, since you don't know where the Yagami household is, but you don't want to go there anyway, since you're worried about what Light would think about what you said on the bus. Your legs were starting to hurt, but you didn't have any more money, since you spent it all on the cake. You look back, to see the man who was following you is gone. Looking forward, you see a park nearby, you decide to walk to it. You sit on a bench, and it starts raining. 'Great, the best time to rain.' You sigh, and curl your legs up, putting your head between your legs. You're exhausted, but you don't want to fall asleep, since who knows what could happen when you're vulnerable. You can't be killed, but you can still feel pain.

You sit there for hours, soaking from the rain, and curled up. It's around 10pm now. You still dont know what to do.
———————————————————————
Light POV:

"Why would you do that?" Y/n says, getting up, and leaving quickly. 'What does she mean? Could she know? I don't want to kill her..' "Hey, what do you mean!" I get up and try to run after her, but she's nowhere to be found. 'Shit.' I hear Ryuk cackling again. Not funny.

I get back home, and sit on my bed, 'I looked around the whole house, and she's not anywhere. Where could she be?' Ryuk starts cackling "Hey, Light. That lady friend of yours is different." 'What does he mean?' I sit up, "What are you talking about, Ryuk." I say in an annoyed tone. "Shinigamis eyes are different from humans, we can see the lifespans and full names of humans.. and I could tell you your lifespan if I converted the numbers into human years, but I would never do that. I may have a big mouth but even I wouldn't go that far." I look at Ryuk "Okay, and?" "That lady friend of yours doesn't have anything over her head. No name or lifespan. So even I can't see it..." My eyes widen "What do you mean?" "Normally, a death note user doesn't have a lifespan, so at first I thought it was that. But, she doesn't even have a name over her head. I know why, but I won't tell you that." Ryuk snickers. I sigh, 'What does this mean? She doesn't have a death note, but she doesn't even have anything over her head? What does this mean..' I sit, thinking for a long time.. I get snapped out of it by my mother, who's calling my name, "Light! Come down for dinner!" I go downstairs, and sit at the table. "Light, where's Y/n? I didn't see her come in with you." I look up at my mom, "I don't know, she ran off at the end of when we were going out, and I'm not sure where she went." My mom gasps, "You said she didn't have a home, right? It's nearly ten and it's raining! Why didn't you tell me this before, She could have been kidnapped!" I look up, finally processing that she's probably all alone in the rain. 'She's right, shit.'
———————————————————————
At around 11pm, you decide you should at least try to find the Yagami house. You walk and walk, until you find yourself in Lights neighborhood, walking until you see the home, you run up to it and knock on the door. The door is opened by a sleepy Light. His eyes instantly widen, and he pulls you inside, into a hug. You hug him back, and he nuzzles his head in your neck. "Where were you, I was so worried.." you hear him say. "I'm so sorry, Light." He pulls back, and sets his hand on your forehead. "You're running a fever, here, come to my room and lay down. I'll make you some tea." You nod and he leads you to his room, and gives you a spare change of clothes, you take them and thank him. He goes downstairs while you change into the dry clothes. 'These are Lights clothes..' you blush, as they're a bit too big. You hear footsteps, and the door opens. You're sitting on his bed, and he hands you a cup of tea. "You should probably stay home from school tommorow.. why did you run off anyway..?" Light asks, while sitting next to you. You look at your lap, nervous on what to say. "Light.." you look up at him. "I know you're Kira." His eyes visibly widen, and his body tenses. "W-what do you mean.." he asks. "I know you're Kira, but please don't worry. I won't tell anyone, I promise. I just want to know, why? Why would you use a death note like that?" He gasps, not knowing that you knew about the death note. Ryuk cackles, watching all of this. "H-how do you know.. about the death note.." Light mumbles "I can't tell you that, love." You look up, with a mischievous grin. Light has a slight blush, and looks away, but just as quick, he looks back, with that red glint in his eyes. "So, will you be my goddess? Will you rule the world with me?" You look up at him.. "Of course..." he smirks, leaning in, but suddenly, you push him back. "..not." His smirk instantly vanishes, and he looks at you, seemingly confused. "I never said I would help you, I just said I knew, and wouldn't tell anyone." You hear Ryuk in the back, absolutely losing his shit. "Think about it next time, Kira." You take his chin in your hand, and pull him in for a quick kiss. You pull back, and leave the room, taking your tea with you, obviously.
————————————————————————
Greetings, readers! Y/n is a little bit manipulative, isn't she? Let me know what you think of this chapter in the comments. Thank you!