Another One ~ 7

"Ryuzaki," Watari walks into the room with the task force "Something seems to be happening, on Sakura TV." The TV switches on

"In other words, all of the reporters and staff here are Kira's hostages. Aside from that, we have professional obligation to share this message with you. I assure you this is not a hoax, and that Sakura TV is not airing this tape for the purposes of sensationalism." The news reporter said

"Kira's hostages?" Aizawa says, confused. "What is this?" Matsuda asks. "Four days ago, our program director here at Sakura TV received four tape, after a thorough examination there can be no doubt they are from Kira himself." The reporter continued "The first tape we received contained a prediction, regarding the time of death of two suspected criminals who'd recently been arrested. And as predicted, at the exact time that Kira had specified, both men died suddenly of heart attacks yesterday."

'If what they're saying is true.. it's clearly something that only Kira could do.' L thinks

"Kira has instructed us to air the second tape today at exactly 5:59pm, and we do intend to comply with his demands. This tape should offer proof of his powers by predicting yet another death. Beyond that, we understand it contains a message to all the people in the world from Kira." Everyone gasps, "This has to be another fake, don't you think?" Ukita exclaims "I doubt it," Matsuda replies, "I'm pretty sure even Sakura TV wouldn't stoop that low."

"And now, the video." A screen comes up, with a white background and the word 'Kira' in the same style of Ls screen in front of it. Papers shuffling, someone clears their throat. "I am Kira. If this video is being aired on April 18th at exactly 5:59pm as I requested, then the time now is 5:59, 47, 48, 49.. Please change the channel to Taiyo TV, the news anchor, Mr. Kazuhiro Hibima, will die if a heart attack at exactly 6:00." Everyone gasps, "What?!" "Change it!" L yells it shows a man, leaning back, dead. People crowd him, shouting. "It can't be!" Matsuda yells "How could he!" Ukita exclaims. "Change the channel back." L demands as Watari changes it. "And I need you to bring us another TV Watari, no, make it two." he says.

"I will present you with another victim. My next target is NHN TV commentator, Mr. Seiji Kumaizumi, who is scheduled to appear in a live broadcast. He too has dared to defy Kira." 'Kira' continues "R-Ryuzaki!" Matsuda stutters. "Change it to Channel 24!" L yells, once again, as the TV changes, displaying a man laying unconscious at a desk with another man holding him, and other people standing back, afraid, with shouting. "Please change it back." L says, sorrowfully, as the channel changes. "Now that you have seen proof of my powers, you should have no trouble believing that I am Kira."

'Kira said that he was going to send a message to the people of the world..' L gasps, "Stop this broadcast! We can't let him finish!" He yells, and Matsuda and Aizawa immediately go to the phones, "Get Sakura TV on the line!" Matsuda demands "It's no good, I'm trying but none of my contacts at the station have their phones on." Aizawa says "And nobody is picking up at the reception, either." Matsuda replies

Ukita grunts, "Damn it!" He yells and rushes to the door "Ukita!" Matsuda yells, "I'll stop that broadcast myself, if that's what it takes!" He yells, running out the door. "

"People of the world, please listen to me. The last thing I want to do is kill the innocent. I hate evil, and love justice. I've always thought of the police as allies, not enemies." L puts his thumb to his mouth, thinking. 'Damn you, Kira.'

"I intend to create a new world, a perfect world that is free from evil. If you agree to join me in my mission, I know we can make it happen. And as long as no one tries to catch me, I promise that the innocent will not die." Kira says "Even if you don't agree with me, all I ask is that you not publicize your views in the media, if you can do that, you will be spared. All you have to do now, is be patient. I will create a better world that we can all enjoy. Say goodbye to the world as you know it. Soon, we will have a new world rules by benevolence, inhabited by kindhearted, honest people. Try to imagine it, a world where the police and I wi-" Soichiro is in the hospital, and Sachiko shuts the TV off. "Sachiko." He says, as his wife holds the remote. She looks up, "Darling, this can't be good for your health, please, you have to rest." She says worriedly. Soichiro just stares, "Sachiko. Like it or not, I'm still in charge of the Kira Task Force." He says, and her eyes widen, and she sighs, turning the TV back on.