Join me ~ 9

You were sitting on Lights bed, next to Ryuk, who was chomping down apples, and Light got a call, it was his father. Opening up the phone, he answered.

"Light, Ryuzaki has decided that he'd like you and Y/n to help with the investigation. If you're still interested, then you both need to come here right away." His father says

"Okay, dad." He closes his phone.

"What do you think, Y/n?" He turns around, and you flinch, as you were zoning out on Ryuks face, "Huh?" You ask "Do you want to join the task force? We could get more information on L, while also 'catching Kira'"

You look at Light, "Yeah, whatever, I don't care. You any more apples by the way?" Light shakes his head with a smile, "You're so cute, you know that?" Your smile leaves your face, "Light, stop trying to manipulate me into writing names, I'm not doing that." His eyes widen, "I'm not doing that, I swear! I'm telling the truth!" Your roll your eyes, "Anyway, about those apples..." you say

"Thank you Light, Y/n." L shakes both of your hands, "Not at all." Light replies. "After all, I want to catch Kira as much as you do, Ryuga."

"I'll have to ask that you call me 'Ryuzaki' here." He says, "Ryuzaki? Cool name, your real name is cooler though." Ls eyes widen, but he brushes it off, thinking he'll talk to you about it in private. You'd researched about him in your scrolls, and you found his real name, where he was from, basically his life story.

"I'm Matsui" Matsuda says, "I'm Aihara."Aizawa continues, "And I'm Asahi." Soichiro finishes.

"Yes, of course. Then, perhaps I should call myself Light Asahi?" He turns to L, "Yes, please do, to keep things simple from this point on, I'll call you Light. Same with you, Y/n, please take the last name Mishiko." L turns to you, and you nod, "Cool, how'd you know I love death?" You wink at him.

"Okay, let's get down to work. You can start by looking over all the information we've collected. I'd also like you to examine these videos." He walks over to a TV, "They were sent to the TV station but were never aired." Light sits down, and you stand behind him, hands on his shoulders. "For security reasons, you're not permitted to take notes, and all materials must remain here." Light looks towards L, "I understand." You nod.

"We will begin now."
——————————————————————
"Now that you've seen proof of my powers, you should have no trouble believing that I am Kira. On the designated.."

'This video is so stupid, imagine pretending to be Kira, couldn't be me..' you notice Lights shoulders tense, so you rub them calmingly.

"So, what do you make of this?" L walks up to the both of you, "Have you come to any conclusions?" Light gets up, your arms flying off him, you roll your eyes. "It's hard to say for sure, but there might be another person out there with Kira's power." Soichiro gasps, "With Kira's power? What do you mean by that, Light?" You hum, "I agree, at the very least I'd say this tape was not created by the Kira were familiar with. It's extremely out of character for them to use these kinds of victims for their killings. And since we've established that he needs a face and name to kill, it makes you wonder how he was able to kill that detective  and those two officers right outside the television station like that." You say. "I-it's the same.." Aizawa stutters.

"That's.. almost exactly how L.. I mean, Ryuzaki said it." Matsuda continues.

"I think you both are exactly right about that. We also believe that this is the work of a second Kira." Light turns, "So you know about this all along, Ryuga.. Sorry, Ryuzaki?" He crosses his arms, "Which means this was just another one of your tests?"

"It wasn't my intention to test you. The truth is, if I was the only one who thought there was a second Kira, it wouldn't be too convincing. But the fact that we all came to the same conclusion, makes the theory that much more believeable. As expected, you two did not disappoint us. You've been a great help. It's decided then. First, we must focus on stopping this copycat. Form what we've seen, he sympathizes with the real Kira, but clearly lacks his sophistication. I think he might even be willing to obey the original. If so, we could lure him into a trap, by sending our own message from the real Kira." L says.

"I guess I shouldn't be surprised, you literally took the words right out of my mouth." Light says.

"Oh, and you two.. I would like you to play the part of the real Kira." L says, making you perk up. "Huh? Us as Kira?" Light gasps. "Yes, you guys are the only ones I can think of who'd be able to pull something like this off. At any rate, we don't have time to waste. Do you think you could script a message from Kira in time for it to be aired on this evenings national news?" L asks

'He really wants us to be Kira? This stinking hot genius! He's trying to provoke a reaction from Light, smart..'

"Ryuzaki, does this look okay?" You and Light show L the script. "I think we managed to make it believable." L hums

"I think you've done an excellent job with this. However, if we don't omit the part that says 'You're free to kill L,' then I'm going to end up dead." He looks up from the paper, and you chuckle.

"Uh, sorry, I guess I got carried away playing the part. I figured if I was him I'd probably demand that you be killed." He leans back, "I was improvising." You look over at Light. "Oh shush, you know I told you to take that out as well." His fake laugh comes back, "Sorry, Mishiko."

"Okay Aihara, the script is ready. I'll leave it to you."
——————————————————————
Short and late chapter again. Sorry! I'm trying my best!! Anyway, next chapter tommorow night. Love you all!