Love ~ 10

"And now, a shocking announcement." A news reporter on Sakura TV says. "In response to the frightening Kira video aired on Sakura TV only a few days ago, an anonymous individual has contacted us claiming to be the real Kira. In short, he has demanded of this network, as well as several others, that we sit the message you are now about to see. I would also like to mention that the NPA has granted us permission to air this video. Is this the real Kira? No one knows for sure, but we can only hope this video will provide us with some much needed answers."

A fancy "Kira" appears on the screen in cursive, with a gold background. "I am Kira." A much higher-tech distorted voice says. "The true Kira. The one who was broadcast on Sakura TV several days ago is a pretender. A fake. The purpose of this message is to communicate my will to this imposter. I have chosen to be lenient with him for the time being, only because I believe he wishes to cooperate with me in the creation of a new world. But I want to make it absolutely clear that the taking of innocent lives is against my will. If this person claiming to be me is truly sympathetic to my cause, and wishes to be of some help, I ask two things of him; that he refrain from killing aimlessly, and that he agree to abide by my basic principles."
———————— a few days later———————
A laptop lights up, with Wataris signature "W" on the screen. "Ryuzaki, we have a reply from the second Kira." Everyone turns to look at the computer, including you. "What?" Soichiro hums, "Really?!" Matsuda leans forward, as you and Light make eye contact. "I'll be bringing over the envelope and tape that we received, but in the meantime, I'm streaming a copy of the video so you can view it on your end. " the sloppy "Kira" appears on the screen. "Kira, thank you for your reply. Please do not worry, I will follow orders and do as you say." The fake says. "

"Wow!" Matsuda exclaims, "It worked!"

'I will do as you say? This is truly such a desperate human.' You think, with a disgusted look on your face. "I want to meet you. I don't think you have the eyes." Your eyes widen, 'Oh, boy you're in trouble now Light.' You smirk. "But you don't have to worry, I would never try to kill you. That's a promise." The fake says.

"What's this 'having the eyes' supposed to mean? Is it a code?" Aizawa asks. You look over to L, his eyes wide, breath shaky, seemingly paralyzed in shock. "I want to find a way to meet you without the police knowing." You walk up to him, and put a hand on his shoulder. "You'll think of something, and when we meet, we can confirm our identities by showing our Shinigami to eachother." You hear L gasp, "Shinigami?!" The task force yells

L puts his hands up, and screams, panting, his chair falls down, and you run over and catch him, his head in your lap. "Ryuzaki?" You ask, your hand on his hair. The task force runs over, kneeling down near you two. "Are you okay..?" You stroke his hair. 'Soft, considering he probably doesn't wash it too much.'

"Sh.. sh.. Shinigami..? Am I supposed to believe that?" He sits up in your lap, shocked. "That Shinigami actually exist..?" you pull him closer, "No, L, it's most likely a metaphor, Shinigami don't exist. Shinigami probably refer to the power of killing. Right, guys?" You say. "Yes, that's right, Mishiko. Listen to yourself, Ryuzaki. Of course Shinigami don't exist." Unbeknownst to you, Light was extremely infuriated by yours and Ls position.

'What is Y/n doing holding L like that?! I thought we were.. a thing?'

(stfu light u acting like takada ain't a thing 💀)

L groans, turning to look at you, ignoring that your noses were centimeters apart. "Thank you for catching me, Mishiko." You blush, and look away. "It's nothing."

Ryuk cackles, "Uh oh, does Y/n have a crush?!" He laughs.

"Anyway, you're probably right, but I remember that Kira had those prisoners write something suggesting the existence of Shinigami." L says.

"So, based on that fact, perhaps we're dealing with the same person after all. That would definitely explain why we're hearing the same words." Soichiro steps in. "I don't think so, because, if this was the same person, it's highly unlikely that he would've responded to our video in the first place. And why would he agree to let L live, after going to all the trouble of getting him to appear on TV? The real Kira wants him dead, so it doesn't make sense." Light says. "Then, maybe there's some other connection. Between the real one and this new guy." Aizawa says, as L rubs his eyes. "They could've already met and decided to use the word "Shinigami" as a way to confuse us."

"No, I'd say that's unlikely." L gets up, as the task force turns to him, you helping him with his chair. "It's as Light says, if the two Kira's were connected, I don't think the imposter would be so willing to give up on his plan to kill me. All of this suggests to me that the copycat has his own agenda, and is acting independently of the first. I believe his actual motivation is to meet the original." L says, sitting back down, you standing with your hand on the back of his chair. "I think you're right, he's acting out of interest in Kira, "Shinigami" could be some reference to their killing power, like I said, saying we can confirm our identities by showing our "Shinigami" to eachother, must mean that they will confirm their identities by proving their killing power to one another." You say. "Yes, that's it." L agrees. "Based on their messages, we can assume the word "Shinigami" must have some other meaning that only the real Kira and the second Kira are aware of. Now, we just need to convince this copycat to tell us what that is."

"So, will you respond and force him to be more specific? We have to be careful how we handle this, we can't make it too obvious that we're asking. Otherwise, he'll realize we're not Kira." Light asks "No, from now on, it's best that we leave it up to the two Kira's." Everyone but you gasps, "Huh? What do you mean?"

"I imagine that the second Kira is probably quite satisfied with the current situation, now that he's received a televised response. He sent a message to get Kira's attention, and as far as he knows, he now has it. Also, there's that word he used, one that only the two of them would understand. We'll arrange to have this reply broadcast today on Sakuras six o'clock news. Naturally, this will be of interest to Kira, and he'll be following this exchange between the copycat, and the one we have invented. Now, if I were Kira himself, my priority would be to prevent this imposter from coming into contact with the police. This is good for us, because it means that the real Kira may feel pressured to respond this time. " L says.

"Okay, but let's say that he doesn't respond, then what do we do?" Aizawa asks. "Yes, I've been thinking about what the second Kira might do if he gets no response." L taps his finger on his knee. "For one, he might reveal more information that he knows Kira wants kept secret, to pressure him into a meeting. Of course, that would make Kira nervous. It could be interesting." L smiles. "And what would be more interesting, is if Kira sends a message of his own to prevent this from happening. Ideally, this could provide us with the physical evidence we'll need to build a case against him. In the meantime, let's gather all the information we can on this copycat."
———————————————————————
You and Light were sitting at a cafe, across from eachother, the same table you were at with L a few weeks back. Light seemed deep in thought, as you put multiple sugar cubes in your tea.

'I wonder what he's thinking about, if he's upset about how I helped L earlier, then he's stupid. Me and L would never.. love eachother.. that way... maybe?' You thought, never considering how attractive L was, finally realizing as you replayed the interaction in your head, his eyes, his lips, the way he looked at you. His pale skin, his soft hair in your lap. Are you... in love with L?!

this girl is really in love with L bro 💀💀 anyway next chapter coming soon