Not a Friend? ~ 14

Sorry for posting this so late, I've been out of the country, so I couldn't post.

You and Light were sitting in the classroom, just a few days ago, you kissed L. THE L. You were still pretty shaken up about it, but you glanced at Light to see him talking with a woman, his apparent girlfriend. You dramatically pouted 'Awe, is he not my boyfriend anymore?'

"I thought you and I were seeing each other, that is, we're more than just friends aren't we?" She asks. "Yeah, we are." Light replies, a bored expression on his face. "Exactly, and that's the reason why I'm sitting next to you in class, wouldn't you agree?" She asks. "Sure."

"But, you don't look like you enjoy being with me... I mean, you haven't even looked at me once, you've just been looking at that Y/n girl." She says, and you perk up hearing your name. "That's not true at all." Light puts his hand on the desk, "I guess I was just thinking about how everyone's going to be talking about us now. To think that I'm actually going out with Miss Takada, the famous Miss Todai." 'Oh, that's right, her name is Takada.' You meet eyes with Light, quickly looking away. "I mean, you're the most beautiful woman at the school." You hear Ryuk chuckle. Miss Loserda clears her throat, "Why do you even care about stuff like that? Besides, I hate being called Miss Todai, or whatever, it's embarrassing." She says.

Light rests his head back on his hand. "Yeah, you're right," he says. 'Hah, she loves the attention, doesn't she.' You think, smirking. "We should forget about all that stuff and just go at our own pace." He says. "Yeah."

"Hello." Light says, walking into the suite, you following behind, making brief eye contact with L. "Oh, come in. Your timing couldn't be better actually. We just received a new video message from the second Kira." L says, turning around. "Hm, that was quick." You say, standing beside Light. "Yes, I believe it's the last one," L replies. He grabs the remote, turning the TV on, "Well, take a look at this." The TV turns on with the Kira screen,

"I've decided to stop searching for Kira. And, I'd like to thank the police department for their advice, however, I still plan to help Kira and his mission, and I hope that, in time, he will come to see me as an ally. I will start by punishing criminals that Kira has yet to judge. Also, I will share my power with others who I feel are worthy. And I will encourage them to do the same. Together, we'll make this world a better place." The TV switches off. 'Share her power, huh? Light is trying to throw them off, I guess. Well, let's see how this plays out.'

L puts the remote down. "After watching this... I can only think that Kira and the Second Kira have managed to make contact." He says. You hum, "I agree, why would the Second Kira just stop searching for Kira when she was so determined to find him?" You say, using feminine pronouns, to confuse L.

L turns to you with a confused expression, "She? Are you implying that this Second Kira is a woman?" He asks. "Huh? You didn't know? Well, the speech patterns of the Second Kira are similar to that of a bubbly, airheaded female. And, her voice is very smooth and her pitch changes like a high school girl." He hums, "Hm, I would have never guessed that. I suppose it's because you are female as well." He says, eating a wafer.

"Anyway, as Mishiko was saying, the Second Kira was so determined to meet Kira, so why would she quit? And killing criminals Kira couldn't? All she wants out of it is for Kira to see her as an ally?" He says, swallowing. You notice he used the feminine pronouns, meaning he must've thought you were right. "It begs the question, why didn't she do this, to begin with? I'm guessing, it's because she never thought that far ahead. She probably met Kira and was told which criminals she'd be allowed to judge. I suppose the purpose of this message is to hide the fact that they met." He finishes.

"I see, what I find really strange is that it's unlike Kira to be so careless." Light says, "That's true." L agrees, licking his fingers. "But are we to believe that Kira made a mistake this time? Or is this his way of letting us know they'd made contact? It would be an effective means of provoking us. The idea of their union is very threatening. However, this is also one less reason to suspect that Light and Mishiko are Kira." He says, Soichiro gasps, "Ryuzaki, what do you mean by that?" Soichiro exclaims. "If Light and Mishiko are Kira, I don't think this is the message they would have had the Second Kira send us. It doesn't fit. They would've made the Second Kira go through with his plan to have me appear on TV. Then, deny that they ever made contact. Letting the Second Kira shoulder the blame for my death. They'd make her say something like, hmm... 'Although I agreed not to go through with this,  I have come to realize that if it was not Kira's true intention that I stop, I'm positive that the real Kira would want L to die. There's no way he'd make me stop." Ryuzaki licks his donut aggressively "Ryuzaki." Light says, "Yes, Light?"

"I think you're mistaken, I would never do that if I were Kira." Light continues. "Why not?" Ryuzaki asks. "Well, if you're L, and I'm Kira, then I'd already know your personality pretty well, L would never agree to appear on TV, no matter what threat he was facing. And he wouldn't allow someone else to die in his place. The L I know would find some way to Escape the situation." Light finishes. "Hm, what about you, Mishiko?" L asks, turning to you. "I don't need to say anything, the truth will play out because I'm not Kira." You smile.

"Hm, so, Light. You figured it out." L says. "Look, Light. You've got to stop that. I don't like hearing you say "If I were Kira." Even hypothetically." Soichiro steps in. "Oh, I'm sorry, Dad. I just wanted to let Ryuzaki know exactly what I thought of his plan. I posed that scenario because I want to help solve this case, it's the only chance I have to clear my name. Besides, the only reason I feel comfortable saying things like that is because I'm not really Kira." Light replies.

"That's a good point. You're both not Kira. that is, it would be a problem if you were Kira, because.." he sighs, and you raise your eyebrow. "I feel like you're the first friends that I've ever had." You laugh, and everyone turns to you. "I'm sorry, first friends? Cut the bullshit, Ryuzaki. No one is falling for this." L hums, "Oh? You don't consider me a friend as well?" He asks, a frown on his face. You make a confused expression, "Uh, no. I don't have friends, I can't trust someone like that." You say. "Hm, I suppose I'll just have to earn your trust, Mishiko." He mumbles.

You and Light were walking back home, when suddenly that Misa girl runs over, "Light!" She squeals, pouncing on him. You step back, startled. "What the fuck?" You mumble out. "I'm sorry, but I just couldn't wait for two weeks like you said. Actually, I was just on my way to your house when I spotted you." She giggles.

They both get up, and she notices you. "Oh.. Hi, you're Lights girlfriend.. right?" She remembers that you don't have a name or lifespan, so she can't kill you. "Yeah, I don't appreciate you jumping on my boyfriend like that." You say, dramatically grabbing Light's arm. "Oh... I'm sorry. I just wanted to talk to Light so badly." She says. "Well, if you need to talk to him, you can talk to him while I'm there." You say, and you both go to the house. You didn't actually want to be there while they talked, so you just went to your room, not caring that Light has some other girl in his room.
——————————————————————-
I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Again, im sorry I posted a couple days late!