Detained ~ 16

I haven't written a chapter in a while, sorry! Still annoyed by this new ad thing

'Oh, he used my advice, he's telling Light that he'll immediately be suspected as Kira if L dies. ' you smile at the thought.

"Hey, do you guys want to have some cake with me in the cafeteria?" L gets up, sloppily putting his shoes on.
"Sure, I have a break now anyway." Light says, and they both turn to you,
"Yeah, I want some shortcake right now." You put your index finger to your lip, thinking about cake..
"That's perfect, I'm kinda craving shortcake too right now." L says, as the three of you start walking towards the cafeteria.
"Well, let's hope they have it." Light mutters.

Suddenly, a high pitched voice cries out, "Light, there you are!" Misa Amane herself runs up to the three of you, yelling for Light.
"I had a photo-shoot nearby, so I thought I'd come by to see you." She says.
"Oh, is this a friend of yours? And.. your girlfriend.." the smile wipes off her face when she sees you.
"Oh, yeah, thats what I told you." You chuckle, and her head tilts in confusion "We were never actually dating, don't worry. I know you guys are boyfriend and girlfriend now." The smile goes back on her face,
"Oh, yay! Thank you so much, Y/n!" She cheers, and you smile. You go over to L and snake your arm around him, leaning on him. He looks at you confused, and you whisper in his ear. "Just go with it."

"You both look so different, unique. Are you and Y/n dating?" Misa walks closer to L and I. "No, just friends." I respond. "Well, Hi! I'm Lights girlfriend, Misa Amane. Nice to meet you!" Misa says. "I'm Hideki Ryuga." L says with his monotonous voice. "Huh? Hideki Ryu.." she looks over his head, noticing the names don't match. "Yeah, he has the exact same first and last name as the famous idol. Pretty bizarre, huh?" L starts chuckling creepily, and you loo over to him, pulling away and standing back. You squint your eyes at him, wondering what he's thinking. "Light.. you're a lucky guy. I have been a huge fan of yours ever since the August issue of Eighteen." Misa smiles, clapping her hands together, "What? Really? That's so sweet of you!" suddenly, people realize she's Misa Amane, and start crowding her, "Oh my god! Isnt that girl Misa-Misa?" A crowd starts forming around her.

"No way! Somebody just touched my butt" you look over and see that L has taken Misas phone out of her pocket, you chuckle quietly.

"Uh.. this is an outrage! Taking advantage of this situation is unforgivable. I will find whoever is responsible for this." L exclaims dramatically, and you snicker. "Oh, Ryuga, you're so funny!" Misa giggles.

"I wanna touch her too!" A fan yells from the crowd, and you frown, 'idiots.' Suddenly, a woman comes walking up to Misa. "Misa, it's time! Or were you planning to be late again." The woman, who seems to be her manager, walks up to Misa and drags her by her arm, lecturing her. "N-No, I'm sorry Yoshi." She says. "Let's go." "Oh- okay.."

"Bye Light! I'll see you after Im done work! Miss you already" She waves, walking away.

L turns to you both, "Now then, I think we should get going." He says. "Yeah." Light replies. "Let's go.. I'm starving." You complain. "Actually, you guys can go on ahead, I need to go use the restroom." Light says. "Oh, okay then. We'll see you there." L says, dragging you by the arm towards the cafeteria.

A phone rings from Ls pocket, and he pulls it out, holding it with his two fingers, staring at it while it plays a song. He opens the phone, "Yes, hello?" He answers the phone. "What do you mean, hello?" Light says sternly. "Oh, is that you Light? I guess someone must have dropped this phone in all of the commotion earlier on. "Yeah, that's Misas cellphone you have, I can give it back to her." Light says, walking up to you and L. "I see. Sure that makes sense." He hangs up, and turns around, handing the phone to Light. "Oh, this time it's actually my cellphone." L says, reaching into his pocket. "Oh my god can we eat cake already?" You groan. He ignores you, clearing his throat. "Yes? Yes, I see. So, it's done then? I understand." He converses with the person on the other line. You lean in, wondering what's going on. "I'm not exactly sure how you'll take this, but regarding Misa Amane, there's something you should know." L says, turning back around, you lazily turning with him, annoyed you don't get cake. "We've taken her into custody under suspicion of being the Second Kira." L says. Shocking you, making you gasp. You hear Ryuk laugh in the back. "We gathered physical evidence from the envelopes that were sent by the Second Kira. In particular, we recovered hairs, and fibers from the masking tape used to seal them. They matched what we found in Misas room. There would be a public uproar if it gets out that's she's been apprehended as the Second Kira. So, officially, we've charged her manager with drug possession, and she's a voluntary witness. But, I doubt any of this will get out.

Later that night, you were at Lights house, sitting on his bed. Your knee was shaking, 'Is Misa really detained? I never thought this would happen.. I really underestimated L.. Is this all my fault? Is it my fault that Misa is in confinement?' My train of thought was interrupted by Light getting up and sitting next to me, "Hey, Y/n, you nervous?" He asks, in a calming tone. I look up at him, "Yeah, I'm worried about Misa.." he takes my chin in his hand, "Don't worry too much, she'll be fine." Light says, leaning down and pressing his soft lips to mine. 'I can't believe this escalated so quickly.. it feels like I just fell from the sky yesterday..' I think, opening my mouth to deepen the kiss.

HEYYY! NEW CHAPTER COMING OUT LIKE PROBABLY NEVER!!! JK CHAPTER COMING OUT SOON.. unless