Memories

Narrator's POV

"Mr. Khadoos, you buying me all of these things is not going to make me like you. You will always be khadoos only" Pihu reacted to the gifts Ram had bought for her. 

"Oh well then, let me eat the rainbow cake I had bought. I guess since I am Mr. Khadoos I won't share it with anyone, right Tarun? I mean Himalya? Wait no, hold on I know your name. Right Mahesh." Ram replied getting out the cake that he had bought for Pihu.

All of this was seen by Priya who stood outside the bedroom eavesdropping their conversation. This is what she wanted. A happy family. 

"Priya meet me in my room." commanded Nandini as Priya followed her. 

"Let me get straight to the point, you are a killer. You killed my daughter. So, if anytime I feel that you are trying to tell Ram the truth about everything then I am going to publish these reports of you. So that your daughter knows the real you. Now get out" 

Priya left without saying a word. The ball was not in her court, she was simply here to help Ram get the deal and then leave with Pihu to resume their carefree life. But was that really going to happen? Or did fate have a different plan for them?

'God, I only came here to help Mr. Kapoor. I wanted to keep Pihu out of this. I can't let her know what went on this family in the past. Something I feel like I should tell her the truth but then I am scared, I am scared that Pihu will leave. She will leave me like everyone else and then I will be lonely. I am scared that...' Sara's phone had interrupted Priya's thoughts. 

"Hi Priya, Vikrant and I just came back from Meerut completing a couple of ceremonies there. Vikrant's family has come here too and they are doing a small puja day after tomorrow for the two of us. So I better see you there and please bring Mr. Kapoor and Pihu too. Vikrant will probably be there to personally invite all of but I wanted to tell you first." Sara talked over the video call. 

"Haan Sara di, I will definitely be there" Priya replied. 

"Ok then I will see you in a couple of days. Bye. Take care"

"Bye Sara di"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mamma, what am I going to wear for Sara maasi's puja?" Pihu asked 

"umm..."

"I bought you that red dress right, why don't you wear that" Ram prompted. 

"Yes, Pihu that's a good idea. Mr. Kapoor bought you that dress, why don't you wear that."

"But Ms Sood, I don't want to wear something that Mr Khadoos bought"

"Pihu, i know that you are not very fond of Mr. Kapoor but he is trying to be good right. Every person should get a second chance, why don't you give him once. That makes you a good person too." Priya explained. 

"Hmm...okay Ms Sood, I will wear the red dress"

"Mr Kapoor, I have to get ready too and it seems like you are already ready. Why don't you too go ahead and I will change and join you. Pihu, take the dress and go get changed."

"Okay Ms Sood"

Ram's POV

Pihu was all ready, the two of us were waiting for Priya. Honestly, I wasn't expecting for Pihu to start getting along with me. Thanks to Priya though, it will now be easier to convinve the Minister. 

"Mr. Khadoos, we have been waiting for such a long time can you go and see if Ms Sood is ready or not"

Well she was right, it had been more than an hour. Pihu was ready too. Priya doesn't take this long usually though. Infact, she doesn't even like getting ready. Until recently, when I saw her after so many years she was actual dressed very well. Maybe she does it for us? To match our standards? She is doing so much for us. 

"Mr Khadoos what are you thinking? GO?" oof this little girl can sometimes be so annoying. 

I walked up to her room and it was open so I pushed the door and went in when she shrieked Oops! She shrieked, she was still getting ready, trying to tie the necklace. 

"Should I help?" I asked and she nodded.

I walked up to her, and looked at her for the first time in years I had gotten to see my old Priya. I remember this outfit, the yellow piece, the one she wore on our first Lohri together. That day I had promised myself that I will never leave Priya alone but who knew the future. It was the same necklace. The necklace that bought my physically closer to Priya for the first time, and I started developing feelings for her. History repeats itself "Done" I uttered and left from there. The old memories were only brining guilt. 

Precap: Ram and Priya spend time together.