UA Sports Festival: Part 2

(Y/n) went for searching for one person, and one person only. He searched every corner where majority of the students were being held but he couldn't spot him. Until he heard two voices, one he distinctly remembers. He also felt the presence of someone else...

Todoroki: Ida, Kaminari, Yaoyorozu, Tokoyami, Uraraka... None of them felt it! In that last instant, I was the only one feeling that pressure. I experienced All Might's true power... Up close remember?

Midoriya: So... What're you sayin?

Todoroki looked at his left hand.

Todoroki: I felt the same pressure coming from you.

Midoriya tensed up and his eyes went wide. (Y/n), overhearing the conversation, also got slightly tensed.

Todoroki: So... Are you All Might's illegitimate child or something?

Midoriya relaxed but started to murmur.

Midoriya: Nah. I mean well... I mean, I'm denying that, but... Obviously, If I really were his kid, I'd try to deny it, so I realize I don't sound very convincing here... But, no, that's not it... So let me ask you, then... Why would you think that I...

Todoroki: "No, that's not it." Interesting way to phrase it... There's definitely something you're hiding. I'm sure of it. You know, my father is Endeavor. The second greatest hero of all time. So if you're some how connected to the number one guy, then... All the more reason to crush you.

Midoriya was shocked but remained his composure.

Todoroki: My dad... He's a powerful bastard who only thinks about becoming stronger. Yeah, he's gone all out to make a name for himself as a hero, but... He's always seen that living legend, All Might, as a roadblock and an eyesore! My father could never beat All Might on his own. So he came up with another plan.

Midoriya: What's this about Todoroki? Why are you telling me this?

Todoroki: Quirk marriages. You've heard of them, yeah? They started becoming a problem during the second or third generation after quirks appeared... Strong individuals would choose a partner and force them into marriage for the sole purpose of passing on a strengthened version of their own quirk. Those earlier generations were lacking in ethics. With his wealth a fame, my father made my mothers family agree to the marriage. All to get his hands on her quirk. Raising me as a hero who could exceed All Might, just to fulfill his own ambitions. I hate it! Being no more than a fool for that human garbage.

Todoroki reached for the burned side of his face.

Todoroki: As I remember it, mom was always crying... "I can't stand to see that left side of yours"... She said before throwing scalding water in my face.

Midoriya shuttered at hearing this.

Todoroki: In short, not using my left side against you was my revenge on him. Never using my rotten father's quirk... No... By rising to the top without using it... I'll have denied him of everything.

There was silence between them for a moment, and Todoroki started to walk away.

Todoroki: Your connection to All Might... Keep it to yourself if you want. Either way... I'll rise above you with my right side.

Midoriya: I've... Always had help. No matter the situation... I... only come this far because other people have helped me.

Midoriya touched his hands.

Midoriya: All Might... I wanna be like him... For that, I hafta become the strongest. Might seem like a lame motivation compared to yours... I'm not going to lose... All the people who've helped me... That's how I'll repay them! Let me return your declaration of war with my own... I'm... I'm gonna beat you!