☽ Death is never easy ☾

Authors note: Hey everyone! Sorry this one came a bit later than expected. Thanks for reading and enjoy! ❤️

⚠️Trigger Warning⚠️
This chapter will mention death and brief mentions of SA.

    Death is peaceful

Death is peaceful. Or I thought it would be. I thought I would be reborn into nature or reincarnated. Hell, I even expected to be judged and sent to the fiery pits of hell. But of course not. Death can't be that easy.

My eyes flutter open to a bright room and I struggle to open my eyes fully. When my eyes finally adjust, I take in my surroundings. I'm on a pure white bed in a small room. There are no windows or any decor. Besides myself and the bed, there was a singular door and beside it a full length mirror but that's it. I'm about 99% sure that I died. Right? I mean unless I had some weird vision.

My rambling is cut off by the door opening. I turn my head to peek at the person walking in but their face is covered by a black hood. They have a slim but tall body and they're kinda lanky. The person shuts the door and slides their hood down. My stomach drops and every nerve in my body is screaming at me to run. I trail over their brown curly hair and strong jawline. I see light freckles on their nose and a smirk resting on their face. Finally I get the courage and meet his bright green eyes. My heart is pounding and my mind is frantic as I look at someone I never thought I'd see again.

"Sammy?" My nails digging into my skin, as I wait for his reply. I feel blood pooling in my hands as my mind runs a mile a minute. This can't be Sammy. He's dead. He went to heaven. He was good. My head starts to shake back and forth as I try to deny Sammy being here. The Sammy look-alike slowly approaches me and gently sits on the end of the bed. "Hey Addy." Those two words send me into a puddle of sobs. Sammy looks heartbroken and he rushes to me.

He pulls me into his arms and holds me. All the guilt comes back and weighs me down. The overwhelming feeling of drowning takes over me and I sputter out sobs. "Sammy I'm so sorry! I never wanted you to get hurt and I should have tried harder with my powers! Gods I'm so sorry. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm-" "Addy! It's ok!" Sammy grabs my face gently and pulls it from his chest. "Ads, I never blamed you okay? I put myself in that position. I wanted to protect you, even if I didn't do a very good job. And you know what? It was worth it. I've been able to see you open yourself back up and meet the loves of your life. I wish I could have been there but I would never change what I did."

My lip quivers again as a sob tries to release from my throat. "I still feel guilty.. and I killed that guy Sammy. I don't deserve your forgiveness and I definitely don't deserve to see you. I should be in hell burning or on the other side for the supernatural. But I should not be here with someone as pure as you." He takes a deep sigh and rubs his hand gently across my face. "Look Addy, I know you think you deserved your death but you didn't. I could honestly fight with you all day over that but we don't have time. Now I want you to think about something. Remember those legends the Blacks used to tell you about? There is a reason you're here with me and it's not just to catch up."