☽ Is this what hell feels like? ☾

Authors note: I want to dedicate this chapter to some very important people in my family. They helped us more than they will ever know and I'm so happy that they came into our lives. They helped a very special person to me and I will be forever thankful for that! Thank you ❤️, 🧡, 💜, 💚. And a extra special thank you and virtual hug to 🧡. You don't truly know how much you did for her. Thank you again and enjoy this chapter y'all! 💕

6/17/23 Update: This chapter is so hard to go through with this shoutout. You are forever in my heart and thoughts ❤️

⚠️Trigger Warning⚠️
This chapter contains violence, brief talks of suicide, and depressive emotions.

   I sit in my bed clutching Jasper while my head reels with the information he just gave me

I sit in my bed clutching Jasper while my head reels with the information he just gave me. "So they uh, they left me to protect me?" I ask with sarcasm dripping from my tone. Jasper nods his head yes and rubs my lower back. "Wait. Why did you stay then?" His head drops and his jaw clenches. Hot. "Darlin' they really did think it would be better to leave... I disagreed and there was a line drawn. And Rose tried to stay too but Em convinced her to take a second honeymoon with him. I think he's the most terrified of hurting you out of all of us. So she said she would call you or text you everyday since she can't be here." My shoulders sag at his answer. "So I broke up your family?" I whisper out.

Jasper grabs my hands and rubs his thumb over my fingers. "No sweetheart. We all willingly split up because we had a difference of opinion. Everything will be fine okay?" I numbly shake my head but my mind races. Why. Why did they leave? Did they even think how I would feel? Did they even want me at all in the first place? Jasper growls beside me and I jump a bit. "Are you okay Jas?" I ask quietly. He sighs and sends me a small smile. "You shouldn't be feeling guilty Lils. You did nothing wrong, they just think they're protecting you." I send him a small smile and grab his hands in mine.

He looks down to our intertwined hands with a guilty expression. "Okay what's wrong? I feel like you're leaving something out." Before he can reply though, Calli walks in with a hard expression on her face and her eyes literally lit up with fire. Angela and Sage trail in slowly behind her, one looking nervous and the other looking scared. I furrow my brows and go to ask Calli what's wrong but she snarls her face up at Jasper. "How. Dare. You! You are leaving out a big piece of information you bag of bones! Why don't you tell Lily-bear the actual reasoning of your family leaving?!" Calli's face is as red as her eyes and lights flicker around her. I can see the faint flickering off fire on her fingers and lift my hands in case she gets out of control. Sage gives me a sympathetic smile and hugs Angela closer to her. "What's she talking about Jasper?"

(Calliope's eyes)