☽ Happy Birthday? ☾

⚠️Trigger warning⚠️
This chapter contains PTSD, panic attacks, and flashbacks that have a lot of violence.

   I slowly open my eyes as I hear whispers around me

I slowly open my eyes as I hear whispers around me. Rubbing my face, I sit up to see Sage, Calliope, and Angela surrounding my bed, with a small white cake in their hands. Sage and Angela look extremely happy while Calliope looks like she's ready to murder the two of them. "Happy Birthday!" They yell. I let a small, sad smile slip on my lips. "Thanks guys but I don't think I want to celebrate this year."

Calli ignores me and brings the cake to me. She wiggles her fingers and the candles light up. "At least blow out the candles babe." I quickly blow the candles out without a wish and smile at the girls. Calli sits down on my right and sets the cake on my beside table. "Thank you guys. I'm sorry I'm not in a party mood.."

The girls share a conversation with their eyes and turn back to me. "It's okay sweetheart. We just wanted to do something small before school." Sage says as she sits on the other side of me. Angela soon joins us at the end of my bed. My mind flits back to the horrible memories that took place only months ago.

As if sensing my mind leading me away, Sage grabs my hand and looks at me. "It's okay to be sad or mad or even not know how you feel about everything. When I lost my parents, I thought I was going to drown in grief but it got better." I give her a genuine smile and shake my head to shake off my feelings. "I have to get up and pick out clothes for today. Do y'all want to help?"

Sage and Ang immediately jump up and go to my closet while trading ideas. Calli rolls her eyes and looks to me. "In all seriousness, are you sure you're okay? I know you don't like to speak about your feelings but I am worried about you. Since Sage, Ang, you, and I did the soul sisters spell I've been able to feel what y'all do." Then she paused and muttered "unfortunately." It seems like just yesterday we tied our souls together.

I really couldn't haven't gotten a better group of friends. I let a loud giggle out and she slowly allows a giggle out as well. By the time Ang and Sage come back into the room, we are crying from laughing too much. They both look at us with smiles and Sage comes over to give Calli a kiss. "Y'all are honestly the cutest set of soulmates I've ever seen" I say with a smile.

Ang shakes her head too and sighs. "I wish I had a soulmate." I pull her into a hug and rub her back. "You will find your soulmate don't you worry. Some hot supernatural guy or girl will sweep you off your feet!" She giggles and nods at me. "It's still weird that not all humans have soulmates" Calli mutters beside me. I shake my head at her as Sage pulls me out of bed.

"Come on sweetheart! We have to get you dressed and I brought a present!" Sage says. "Oh gods. Don't tell me it's a birthday tiara!" I whine with my nose scrunched. Sage turns red and awkwardly shifts. Calli laughs loudly and holds her stomach. "Of course it's a tiara! You know Sage and Ang." I give them a half smile and continue to the closet.