Ch. 1

Naruto's Journal
Day 1460,
As of today the 4th Great Shinobi War has been raging for 4 years.
I suppose that means tomorrow I turn 21. Not that it's anything to celebrate. None of my commrades are here anymore, all of them were killed by that bastard.
I don't understand. He's had everything he needed since the first week of this war to cast the infinite tsukinome and yet he hasn't. He could've ended this already years ago ya know? Who's even gonna read this, I've gone crazy.
All that's left of the alliance have just about given up now.
Madara and Zetsu are still going, although slower than any of us expected. We had hoped that gave us more of a chance but it hasn't helped much.
It seems pretty much hopeless.

There is one thing though. Before the Pervy Sage died, he left this unfinished seal behind. He called it his fail safe, for when everything is truly hopeless. He never told me what it was but with my dad's old notes and my team's help I think I'm close to finishing it.
Kakashi Sensei helped me look through dad's notes on seals and things, we figured out the seal is probably intended to mess with time somehow. We couldn't figure out in what way it was supposed to affect time though.
Then I took it to Sakura, she was able to help make out the smaller and more precise details that me and Kakashi Sensei brushed past. With that, we could confirm it would relate to the past rather than future. She helped me find some more resources before she had to return to work.
Sasuke worked with me while going through these new scrolls we found and helped bounce some ideas around on what to do with it. Ultimately we decided it would be best to try to complete the seal. If I were to do it right, I may be able to make it take me back in time so I could fix things.
After working out some prototypes, I finally took it to Sai to have him help me draw the symbols. While doing that, Kakashi Sensei looked over my designs once more with dad's notes to work out any problems they notice.
Unfortunately, we were never able to complete it together. I've done what I could, but I'm not sure it will work right, if at all. I'll be heading out towards Suna tomorrow to look for any survivors, and if I'm lucky, find some more things to help me with Pervy Sage's seal.