Ch 52

KN "Morning Kakashi, you're up early."

K "Gai decided that we absolutely needed to go train at sunrise together, and I wasn't allowed to say no. So it's not by choice."

KN "Sunrise? That's a little fruity."

K "??? Fruity??? What?"

KN "Oh, uh... not modern-modern day terms. Nevermind. It was a joke."

K "...okay then. Anyways, you should probably practice for your exam. Make sure you have a plan for what you'll show off and how to regulate your Chakra so they can't tell you're hiding anything."

KN "Geez, what are you, my mom?"

K "No, I'm your teacher."

KN "Pfft. Not yet."

K "Well... I was your dad's student, so I'd say that gives me some leverage over you."

KN "Mmm, no. If you can get my godfather to tell me to do so, I'll think about it."

K "I know who your godfather is."

KN "Damn."

K "Master Jiraiya is actually the one who told me to have you practice."

KN "UGHHHH. FINE."

K "Good, now go find someone else to help you, I'm going back to bed."

KN "Kakashi, it's 9 am."

K "And I have no commitments until 2 pm, which means I can sleep until 3."

KN "Of course. Why do I even bother."

K "Make good choices."

KN "I won't."

K "Don't get caught then, I'll get blamed."

KN "Mkay, bye-bye."

---return of the timeskip---

Now who to train with....

Naruto.

What's up?

He's here again.

...dammit what does he want.

I don't know, but don't you dare run off on your own again.

Okay, but I can't just not do anything, ya know?

Go find someone to discuss it with first, the little perv and the smart ass brat should be around.

Shikaku and Jiraiya?

Yeah.

Fine.

---and the time passes just like that, amazing---

KN "Hey, Pervy Sage!"

J "Hm? You're bothering me today already kid?"

KN "It's important, come with me."

J "Where are we going?"

KN "Gotta talk to Shikaku, too."

J "Am I not good enough alone for whatever this is?"

KN "By Kurama's standards, no. Besides, this is something it'd be best for a couple of people to know about ahead of time. Otherwise, I'd be in a lot worse trouble if I did it a second time without warning anyone."

J "Doing what?..."

KN "Just wait till we're with Shikaku."

J "Fine."

The two walked through the streets of Konoha together, from the bath house where Jiraiya was, to the Hokage tower, and into Shikaku's office.

S "Hm? What's going on? Did you guys already start causing problems again?"

KN "Not yet. That's why I'm here, though."

S "That's annoying. Alright, what's the deal?"

KN "So uh... Madara is nearby again."

...

J "Wasn't expecting that one..."

...

S "... you want to go."

KN "Well, maybe, I don't know, it's why I came here. The fact I could sense him means he was letting me, so he probably wants something. But also, I may lack most common sense, but I realize it'd be stupid to go out there."

S "It's not necessarily a bad idea."

J "If you just sent a clone and the real you stayed safe in the village, it could benefit us."

KN "How?"

S "It's an easy way to try to discuss our meeting plans with him, instead of trying to figure it out later. Not only that, but from my understanding, he's not the type to come out of hiding for no good reason. There may be something important to this."

J "Truley, the biggest risk would be if he decided to attack, but as you've mentioned before, if he wanted to, he would've, and not while revealing his location."

KN "Will the others be mad?"

S "They shouldn't be, the hardest part is to process Madara is here at all, once people are past that, they'll be understanding of this decision."

KN "Alright then, let's do this, ya know!"

With that, a shadow clones poofed into existence and took off towards the forest.

A/N tysm for over 10k reads! That's really incredible, I'll try my best to get another chapter out in the next few days!