Ch 11

Naruto's POV
"So... in your time you were my student, and I died fighting my old students, who then destroyed the village, and then proceeded to revive everyone they killed... but not me?"

"I uh... I guess it's cause you had been gone for awhile already? Or maybe because you were so far away. I don't really know why. Nagato, the things he said made sense, I think it was stuff he learned from you but then he twisted it and ended up doing stuff that was really bad..."

"I see. Well I guess we'll have to add that to our to-do list."

"To-do list?"

"Yeah, what do you think I've been writing this whole time kid, we gotta know what we need to get done to have a better future."

"We?"

"What, did you think I was just gonna listen to you ramble and then send you on your merry way to save the world? If you were really my student you've gotta know I wouldn't just sit back and watch, if I have a way I can make a real, good change to the world, or at least have one hell of an adventure trying, why wouldn't I try? Besides, it'll make good writing material."

"Oh... yeah.."

"What's up kid? Shouldn't you be happy? Aren't you overjoyed to have The Great Toad Sage of Mt. Myoboku on this journey with you?"

"Yeah. I am. I really am. I just, never thought I'd get to do something like this with you again. I missed this."

"Heh. Hey that's another thing to add to the list!"

"Huh? What's that?"

"I've gotta have you as my student in this timeline too, make sure I get to have a clue what you're talking about."

"Ha, yeah, gotta make sure this Naruto is strong too, in case someone needs to take over ya know!"

"Yeah. Hey I've been meaning to ask you this the last few hours... how are you even awake right now?"

"Huh?"

"You're Chakra levels are absurdly low, and you look like you just got out of a fight. What's up with that."

"Oh yeah, I had just fought Madara right before using the seal, and those two combined pretty much used up my Chakra. I mean, I've spent most the war running on low Chakra, so I've gotten used to it, and I also have Kurama to help me out."

"...alright, I've got even more questions now."

"Get started then ya know, we don't have all the time in the world."

"Alright, who's Kurama?"

"9 tails, that's his name, he's my friend."

"That's gotta be quite the story. Is Madara being near the seal when it was activated going to be a problem?"

"...probably not? I mean, the seal wasn't complete so I don't know for sure, but I haven't sensed him at all, and I feel like he'd already have shown up to talk shit, he really likes to do that, so I think we're fine?"

"Alright then..."