Ch 3

Madara's POV (1st person)
"The Ninetails is on the move, don't you think it's about time to capture him finally? I could get him out of the way for you so you can finally cast the Infinite Tsuki no Me without interruption Lord Madara?"

Black Zetsu. For the last 4 years he's been pestering me to cast the eternal genjutsu.

"I'll take care of it myself, stay out of the way."

He claims that he's a creation of my will. Acting as though everything he does is that which I desire. Idiotic.

"Of course my lord. He's crossing into the Land of Fire right now."

I've had suspicions for awhile that he wasn't working exclusively for me. He's kept things running fairly according to plan in my absence, yet there's details that don't add up surrounding him.

"I know where he is, now leave."

When I acquired the power of the 10 tails, it confirmed my suspicions. He's made from Chakra connected directly to the Juubi's power. His existence is not something that I was capable of making at the time of his supposed creation.

"Of course, Lord Madara."

Kaguya Otsutsuki. She's the most probable link to him. The Sage of 6 Paths had no reason to create a creature with such intentions as his, and would never let a mistake as such slip by. The Rabbit Goddess however, she was the mother of Chakra, a being of power. It's not only possible, but quite likely she'd try to return.
Of course then I have to question the purpose of Project Infinite Tsuki no Me. If cast, will it truly bring peace to those who remain? I can't imagine that a being such as Kaguya would create something so... idealistic. I've been postponing the completion of the Jutsu because of this. However when you let a world war rage on for years, stalling without making progress towards your own goal, an undesirable amount of people are bound to die.

Naruto Uzumaki. He stands out from most of the people in this world. Just like Hashirama, I believe he is a reincarnation of the younger brother, Asura. He truly had the potential to make a difference, and despite the world being in ruin and all his friends being dead, he continues to try.
If I can stall Zetsu just a bit longer, perhaps he can do that which even I have failed in.

Perhaps, he can bring peace.