Chapter 3: Battle Scars

Lauren's POV

I've noticed that Camila hasn't been to the house in the last 3 days and I'm imagining that Chris must have finally gotten the hint that I don't want her around me here. I'm grateful for it but then I get a sickening feeling that something isn't right.

At school I see that Camila looks like her head is on another planet and I've noticed that she doesn't look as happy as she normally does. Maybe her and Chris got into a fight. Oh my brother better have not done anything to hurt her or I'll- wait no stop Lauren don't get involved remember you stopped caring 11 months ago the same day she choose Chris over you so stop getting involved it's not your problem.

As I finish with my inner battle about Camila, I hear the door bell ring and I figure that Chris must have finished his practice early and forgot his his house key. While I make my way down I tell my self to remind him to never forget it but when I open the door it was the complete opposite.

"Chris isn't home" I growl at the person standing out side

"I know I came to speak to you"

"Well I don't feel like talking now leave" I respond in a pissed tone

"I'm not leaving till you tell me why you hate me so much. I have said I was sorry for that day a million times. How many more time do I have to say it"

"How about saying it like you actually mean it" I shout even though I know that the other times have been with meaning

"Lauren please I need you. I -I want my best friend back"

"Yeah well I needed you that day Camila. I needed my goofy friend who always made me smile even though I was crying but you weren't there you chose my brother over me and made me deal with hell alone" I tell her with anger

"Lauren it was a break up you've broken up with someone before" She says not even knowing the real reason

"Yeah that's what you think" I whisper hoping she won't hear but I was wrong

"Did something else happen before the break up? Lauren did he do something to you?" she asks walking into the house and closing the door behind her

"It's not your concern anymore Camila now leave" I say turning around to go to my room.

Before I even get the chance to leave though I feel her grab me by the wrist and I yelp in pain

"Lauren? why did you just-" and then the worst happened. She pulled up my sleeve of my sweater and her eyes got watery

"You-you promised to never do this again wh-why do-do you ha-have new sca-scars?" she asks and seeing her at the brink of tears collapse my wall of hate towards her.

Camila's POV

I know I haven't been the best friend to Lauren when I started dating Chris. I mean I've kind of left her hanging for days during our friendship. But even after she decided to end our friendship, that didn't mean I stopped caring.

When she started changing back to her old self I had a feeling something was wrong but she never spoke to me again. The only times she would actually speak in my direction was when she either insulted me or spoke as if I was never her best friend.

The reason I came to her house today was because I really do want to know why she hates me so much and because I also really want me friend back.

I know Chris has tried to get us to talk again but I times I feel he only makes it worse, and then I end up 50 steps behind from where I started.

After school today I made sure that Chris wouldn't be home so that I could actually get Lauren to talk to me on her own terms. I was standing in front of the Jauregui house with a stomach full of nerves. This could go 3 different ways. She could not answer the door, she could answer then just tell me to leave, or she could answer and insult me to the point where I have an emotionally breakdown. Either way I saw it things ended bad. I know I should think positive but that's how I see it because if I even give a sign of hope my heart won't be able to handle the awful outcome.

I knock on the door and ring the door bell. After a good two minutes the door opens but Lauren's small smile completely fades and a pissed expression is now on her face.

"Chris isn't home" she says and trys to close the door in my face but I don't let her by placing my hand on the door and stoping her

"I know I came to speak to you" I tell her praying she'll consider talking but that gets shut down when she tells me she doesn't want to and to leave.

Usually I would do as she asks but today I wasn't taking no for an answer.

"I'm not leaving till you tell me why you hate me so much. I have said I was sorry for that day a million times. How many more times do I have to say it" I shout at her getting mad at her for not getting over it.

And after I said that I completely regretted it when I heard her speak next. She was mad yes but the look in her eyes gave her away. She could answer me with all the anger and rage she had but her eyes told me the complete opposite.

I finally got the nerve to walk into the house and shut the door behind me. When I noticed that her anger level had lowered and that she had whispered something I asked her if something had happened but when she tried to turn around and avoid me I grabbed her wrist to stop her.

When I heard her let out a small scream of pain I immediately got worried and lifted her sleeve only to find fresh scars from what looked like razor blades.