Chapter 40: Questioning Sanity

Chris' POV

It has been a month since Camila broke up with me. I mean what the fuck was she thinking. But that bitch was going to pay one way or another; she was going to pay for breaking up with me. For a couple weeks now I've taken a new routine. Since Camila was not around anymore I guess I could try and fix my bond with my sister but then I decided not to. I've started hanging around some old friends I never thought I'd see again. One of them was my sister's ex, Paul. I actually like him. He was the one who told me to go ahead and date Camila in the first place so me and him were cool. I really never knew why him and Lauren broke up but whatever.

A few nights ago I was hanging out with him at this girl Cece's house. I knew her from around and also knew her and my sister never got along; but I don't care. We were all just drinking and messing around when an interesting topic came up. Supposedly my sister and Camila have become best friends again. Which didn't surprise me. I was bound to happen sooner or later. What did get my attention though was what Paul said after Cece's comment.

"I could have sworn they were still friends a month ago when I saw them at Key West with Mila's little sister"

When I asked him the exact date on our way back to my house, He told me that it was on May 18. After he told me the date I remembered that it was the same date that Camila broke up with me and the same week end of the Cabello Family trip. When I got home that night I started remembering the month that had passed and noticed that Lauren hardly even slept here anymore, yesterday morning when she got home early to get ready for school I sneaked into her room and took her phone while she was in the shower. When I turned on the screen rage took over every bone in my body. As her screen saver she had a picture of herself and my ex-girlfriend Kissing on what looked like a boat. I was beyond pissed but when I heard the shower turn off I turned off the screen and left her room before she noticed I was even there.

Today though was a different story. Today was Lauren's 17th birthday and last night she didn't come home so I kind of figured where she was. I had the perfect birthday present for my big sister but first I had to do something very important.

Lauren's POV

I was frozen in place with what was right in front of me. This has to be a nightmare. I need to wake up. Camila can't be in tears, with a bruised face and completely naked. She just can't be. As I closed my eyes tight praying for this to be just a nightmare, I hear the voice of the person who I wanted to murder at this moment.

"What's wrong Lauren; don't you like what you're seeing? I mean you have seen her naked I assume since you must have fucked her by now" he says and rage takes over my body and I shot my eyes open

"You sick little fuck! What did you do to her" I shout at him

"I only did what you didn't let me finish at Keaton's party, big sister" Chris says smirking and I notice that he is only in boxers

"You raped her? Are you fucking serious right NOW!" I yell as I start taking small steps trying to get closer to get the knife out of his hand.

"I'm just claiming what was mine. Plus I don't think it hurt her since you must have fucked her more than 100 times already" he says with anger

"Chris, she's my best friend. Do you fucking hear what you are saying? She's the one other person besides mom, dad, Tay, and you; that I care about"

"Bullshit! I saw the picture on your phone, and I know you went with her family on that Family vacation I was not allowed on. You're probably also the reason she broke up with me. Isn't that right Camila?" He says holding her tighter and pressing the knife closer to her throat.

As he does that I see the pain in Camila's eyes and I knew I had to do something and quick before he did something crazier than this.

"Chris listen to me, look at her. You're hurting her. Look into her eyes. Just let her go and me and you can talk this out. Please don't hurt her more than you already are." I say to him trying to use some form of reason and not cause to get even more pissed.

I watch as he looks at Camila's beaten face and tear filled eyes; and as he does that I take the final steps I need to grab the arm holding the knife and get it away from Camila. When I finally do that, I push him back a bit and kick him right in the stomach causing him to loosen his grip on Camila. Before I know it, I'm kneeing him right in the face and watching him fall to the floor with a bloody nose.

"Camila get out of here now and wait for me in my car. NOW!" I say without taking my eyes off of Chris.

When I was positive that she was out of the house, I bend down to where Chris was lying in pain and picked his head up by his hair so that he was looking straight at me eyes.

"Where are Sofi and Mama C you sick little fuck?" I ask him as I grab the knife lying on the ground and point it at his face

"They-they weren't here when I sneaked in" He says spitting out blood from his mouth.

"I swear Christopher if you did something to them I will not care that you are my brother and kill you myself" I threaten and drop his face to the ground then run out the house with the knife still in my hand.

Camila's POV

When I heard Lauren's voice through my bedroom door, I knew she would save me again, but she know I'm here if I don't make a noise letting her know I'm in here. Si I bit Chris' hand covering my mouth then screamed when he removed it in pain. When my door was rammed in by Lauren I felt relieved, but then I felt Chris grab me and pull me to him in a tight grip. When I felt a cold metal close to my throat I froze, but when Chris said those words to Lauren, I started crying in fear once again. Chris was about to rape me once again but as always Lauren got here just in time. Yes he had hit me badly to the point that my lip is busted open and I'm bleeding from it, but I could care less about that what I cared most about was that Chris did not get what he wanted, because if he would have gotten it; I would never be able to live with myself.

As Lauren stood there staring I began to cry even harder. But when I saw that she had finally registered the situation I knew she had something in mind. As she argued with her sick brother I noticed that she would take small steps every now and then to get closer. After she told Chris to look at me and see what he was doing to me and what he had done, I knew this was where she was going to attack. SO when I felt his grip on my loosen I immediately got away from him and grabbed the first pieces of clothes I could and put them on. Lauren yelling at me to leave and go to her car was all the green light I needed to bolt out of there.

As I waited in her car I quickly grabbed my phone and sent a text

Me: Bea forget about tonight

Bea: Mila what happened? Are you Okay?

Me: Bea Just cancel tonight I will explain this another time just Cancel the damn Surprise party.

I waited a few second more in Lauren's car before I saw her run out my door with a knife in her hand then get into the driver's seat.

"Call your mother and find out where she is right now" She said as she back out my drive way and the drove away from my house

"Laur-Lauren where are we going?" I ask nervous

"Just call your mother please Camila" She says trying to calm down but I no she is pissed.

"I'm not calling anyone until you answer me" I say getting frustrated

"If Chris found out about me being with you that week end there is only one person who could have told him" She say as she continues to speed down the street

"Lauren you're scaring me" I say noticing how she held tight onto the steering wheel

"Camila, Paul saw us that weekend and I didn't want to worry you but he's back in Miami. If I've been sleeping at your house every night for 3 weeks it's not just because of Chris, It's because Paul is at my house every single day and giving me a chilling stare. Now please call your mother and find out where she is so that she does not go back home to find a knocked out bleeding Chris in your bedroom." She says turning a corner into an avenue I knew way too well.