Chapter 13: Clearing it out

Chris' POV

I was calling Lauren to see when she'll be home, since I needed a ride and also because I wanted to know if she'll go to the party. the phone rang about 4 times before she finally picked up.

"What is it Christopher?" she says answering and I can tell she is not happy about something.

"I need a ride. when are you coming home?" I ask trying not to piss her off.

"A ride where?" She asks with a sigh and that's my in to get what I want

"Well um- Keaton texted me saying there's a party at his house tonight and um he also invited you, so I was wondering" I say hoping she'll give in

"You want me to go to a party with you and your stupid friends?" She asks

"Uh yeah please I'll even pay for gas" I tell her not wanting to even mention Camila since I don't know if she is talking to me at the moment.

"I'll be home in about an hour and a half bye" she says then hangs up.

Yes One down, One more to go.

Lauren's POV

After I hung up with Chris I looked at Camila who looked worried.

"Looks like he's going to a party at Keaton's and wants me to go with him" I tell her as I put my phone away.

"so I guess we should go right?" She asks avoiding eye contact

"Kind of but first we need to talk about this" I say taking her hands in mine.

"Lauren I" she starts but this time I'm the one who cuts her off but I don't kiss her.

"Listen to me first. You said you don't know what is going on so until you do figure it out, what happened just now and what happened in the school bathroom never happened. We will still try to fix this mess of a semi friendship we have but that's it. You're dating my brother and nothing else. I don't want to be the reason for you both to end badly. I couldn't live with that. If you do end up figuring out what it is you want or you end up finding out what is going on than just let me know I'm here for you even though I wasn't before." I say looking at her eyes.

I know I suck ass for telling her that especially since it killed me to say it to her, but after Chris called I was brought back to reality and realized I couldn't do this to him or even to her. I was a complicated situation and I just don't need more complications with my life at the moment I just need to fix my friendship with the girl I'm in love with and see that she's happy even if it isn't with me.

Camila's POV

After Lauren said that to me I felt a bit sad, and I had no clue why. I mean she did have a point I am dating Chris and I actually don't know what is going on in my head at the moment. All I had clear was that I wanted to kiss Lauren again and again but I don't know why. As she looked at me I noticed that she looked hurt as well, but why? I mean she is the one who wants this and with reason; but I don't want her feeling bad about it. I was about to say something to her when my phone beeped and I knew I had just gotten a new text. When I looked at the screen I sighed and unlocked my phone.

Chris: IDK if you're talking to me or not but there is a party tonight and I'd love for you to come with me please. I Love You.

As I finished reading I looked up at Lauren and there was no sign of emotion.

"It's Chris right?" she asks and I just nod

"He wants you to go to that party right?" and I nod again without a word.

"Alright well let's get you home. I can drop you off and then come back here and clean up" she says starting to walk but I stop her.

"No let's clean up now so that you can get back home in time to get ready too. I mean I still don't even know if my parents will let me go so at least one of us should get to have fun tonight" I tell her and it's true I didn't know what my parents would say especially after I ran out the house earlier without telling them where I was going.

A Half hour later

We had finished cleaning the hide out and Lauren was driving me home. When we got to my house I opened the door and thanked her for the ride and the dinner even though I didn't eat much because of what happened.

I really didn't want to ask my parents about the party because they might say no and also because I really didn't want to go; but I guess I needed to go to make Chris happy and well to also be able to keep an eye out for Lauren because if the party was at Keaton's something was bound to happen.

I walked into my house and saw my parents watching some soap opera on T.V. and decided to just go upstairs. I was about to go up the steps when I heard my father call me.

"Karla Camila Cabello get over here right now" Crap he said my full name I'm in trouble.

"Yes Papi?' I say walking into the living room and standing in front of my parents.

"Where were you just now and why did you run out of the house when your mother was calling you earlier?" he asks while staring at me

What do I say to him? I can't say I was with Lauren because well I promised to not tell anyone that we were hanging out again. But then I remembered that they didn't know that. They thought Lauren and I had fixed our friendship months ago. But wait I can't put Lauren on the spot like that it would be wrong of me. What do I do?

"Well I am waiting for an answer" He says and as if God heard my silent prayer the house phone rings and my mom picks it up

"Hello, oh Lauren mija it been long time since I have heard from you. Do you need to talk to Camilita? oh ya entiendo so she was with you. No she didn't tell us about that pero of course, no problem. Ok then see you later bye" I hear my mom say and then hang up.

As she walks back into the living room she looks at me and smiles.

"Alejandro leave Camilita alone it turns out she forgot to tell us that she was going out to dinner with Lauren." My mom informs my dad and in my head all I think is holy crap.

"Is this true Camila" he asks me with a raised eyebrow

"Yes dad. I 'm sorry I guess I forgot to tell you when I got home. When I ran out it was because I was late to meet with her and well you can understand right?" I ask giving him my sad eyes.

"Bueno as long as you were with Lauren it's ok but next time tell us and don't let it happen again" he says getting up from him seat to go to the kitchen.

"Eh daddy there is one more thing" I say remembering about the party

"What is it?" He asks knowing that I want something

"Well you see there is this party tonight and I was wondering if I can go. Chris is" and even before I finish he cuts me off

"NO!"

"Alejandro let her finish por dios. Lauren mentioned this party when she called and she said she was going too" My mom tells him and out of nowhere my dad's face softens once Lauren is mentioned

What the hell? Seriously, I mention Chris to him and he goes ape shit but my mom mentions Lauren and he becomes a freaking tellitubie.

"Lauren is going?" he asks me while looking at my eyes, and I just nod.

"Fine you can go but be home by 1 and no later" he says then leave to the kitchen.

I look at me mom and smile but on her face she has a serious look

"Ma what is it?" I ask her a bit worried

"Mila be very careful tonight ok?" She says looking at me

"I will I promise" I answer then head up to my room to get ready.

Tonight is going to be one interesting night.