Chapter 5: Missed Opportunities

Lauren's POV

As she said those words to me I knew she was telling the truth, and when she looked up at me with tears in her eyes I knew I couldn't keep treating her as if she didn't exist.

I was telling her the truth when I told her I wasn't pissed at her anymore. I was mostly pissed with myself over everything that has happened. That was one of the main reasons I had starting cutting again and other things I was not ready to let other people know about.

I was crying as well after I finally admitted that she wasn't the only one who has been going through hell these past few months, and right before I was about to tell her that I miss her being in my life I hear Chris yell from down stairs saying he just got home.

Camila's POV

Great right when I was making some progress with my Lauren situation Chris has to get home early and ruin it.

How the hell am I going to get out of here without him noticing that I came to deal with Lauren alone. I looked at her hoping that she'd understand that I don't want Chris knowing about me being here and I guess she can still read me perfectly because the next thing she does is get up, lock her door and turn on her Ipod then play Paramore.

Lauren's POV

I knew right away from Camila's look that she wanted Chris out of this situation, which I understood since I didn't want him involved considering that fact that he was a big reason for the problem I have with Camila, but I don't want either of them knowing that so I did what I do best, I shut him out.

I got off my bed and locked my door, then I went to my Ipod and put my Paramore play list on full blast so Chris knew not to bother me. After I dis that I looked over at Camila and saw that she had a worried look on her face, which could only mean that she has no idea how to get out of here without him knowing she was here.

"Climb out the window and meet me at the end of the block. I'll give you a ride home and he'll never know you were here and it'll be like this never happened" I tell her while I open my window for her to get out of.

This wouldn't be the first time she's gone out my window. I remember a year ago when we'd climb out from her just to go to parties while my parents thought we were in here having a sleepover.

"A-are you sure?" she asks and I know she's asking because she's worried that I won't show and I guess if this happened an hour ago I would have not shown up but after realizing that I've hurt her these past 11 months than the 11 years I've known her , I owed it to our old and possible new friendship to not lie to her

"Yeah positive" I say looking at her in the eyes hoping she can tell that I'm telling the truth and that I won't leave her hanging.

Camila's POV

As I looked at Lauren's eyes I knew right away that she wasn't lying to me. SO I took a deep breath and went out the window the same way I use to when I use to sneak out of here at night.

When I got to the ground I looked up to Lauren's window and I could have sworn I saw a small smile on her face. I really miss that smile. As I kept looking at the window I smiled too and thought maybe we could get beck to being friends.