Chapter 15: Dead Chris Walking

Camila's POV (Earlier that night)

After Keaton dragged Lauren away, my happy high dropped to a glare. I had spent most of the party with Chris, but now and then I would get a few glances with Lauren then look away immediately. I had drank a few beers but stopped after my 3rd one since I didn't want my parents finding out. For Chris that was a different story. He was already on his 6th one and was now getting to touchy with me, which I didn't like at all.

I was getting uncomfortable with his new attention towards me so I tried my best to keep him at a distance. I noticed that he was going for a 7th beer and I told him to maybe slow it down but he just brushed me off and told me to loosen up. I would have done just that if I hadn't noticed that Lauren was nowhere to be seen.

I was getting a bit worried when 10 minutes passed and I didn't see here, and when I saw the smoke coming from a far corner of the room I guessed that she was getting high again with Wesley and his friends. I need to get some air and try and calm myself because I was starting to freak out. In one side I had Chris at a point of being wasted and on the other I had Lauren probably getting high. I told Chris that I was going to the bathroom so that I could try and get a grip of the situation, and went straight up stairs to the Stromberg bathroom.

When I got out of the bathroom I saw Chris standing outside waiting for me. I smiled at him and started to walk towards the stairs to go back down stairs when I felt him grab my wrist and drag me to one of the rooms then throw me on the bed. I tried to fight him off since he was trying to take my dress off of me and when that wasn't working I screamed but then I realized I was in a house with a party going on and no one would be able to hear me. That was until I heard the door being banged on.

Camila's POV (Present)

When I saw Lauren standing in the door way I thanked god, but then I realized that Chris was not going to live by the end of the night.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING CHRISTOPHER?!" Lauren yells and I just close my eyes because I can already imagine what will happen next.

"What the FUCK do you think I'm doing? Go get high downstairs and leave my girlfriend and I alone" He shouts back and I'm praying that Lauren doesn't listen to him because right now I am scared shitless.

"ARE YOU DRUNK?" she yells back and I open my eyes to see what will happen.

"It's none of your FUCKING BUSINESS. Now leave!" He yells back and I flinch.

"Oh I'm leaving alright but Camila is coming with me" She shouts then pushes him out of her way and walks towards me then picks me up in her arms

"She's not going anywhere. She came with me and she stays here" He says standing in front of the door ready to fight her.

"Christopher I am warning you MOVE NOW" and I can tell she is trying really hard to control herself because I can feel her body shaking

"No she's my girlfriend she leaves with me and I'm not leaving yet" and in a second I felt Lauren put me on the ground then see her punch Chris right in the gut making him double over in pain.

"I warned you" She says then picks me up again leaving the room then out of the house.

When we get outside to her car she finally puts me down and helps me fix my dress.

"Are you ok? did-did he do anything to you because if he did I'll go back in there and-" as I watch her worry so much about me my heart melts, and I could tell that she wasn't high or even drunk.

"He didn't do anything, you-you got there just in time" I tell her as I place my hands on her face, and I felt her relax a little.

"Are you sure? because-" and even before she gets to finish I cut her off by giving her a quick kiss without thinking.

"I'm positive now can you take me home I only have till 1 and it's already 12:35" I say with my forehead against hers.

"Yeah sure whatever you want." She says pulling away and opening the car door for me

As we drive back to my house I was looking out the window with my hands on my thighs when I feel Lauren's hand take mine and intertwine our fingers making me smile.

"Do you think your parents would mind if I sleep over?" I hear her ask and I look at her with a wider smile.

"I think they'd throw a party if you did" I answer while rubbing my thumb on the back of her hand

"Then I guess I'm spending the night" She says smiling and turning onto my street.

Lauren's POV

I am not going to lie when I saw Chris standing in that door way and Camila crying in the back I wanted to rip his head off, but then I remembered that the girl I'm in love with was in the back probably scared to death so I pushed my rage to the side and tried to deal with my stupid brother in a civil way. Unfortunately he was to fucking drunk to rationalize with and I had to hurt him a bit to get Camila out of there but I didn't mind he's lucky to be alive. I wasn't going to leave her there especially not after what happened 11 months ago.

We got to her house at exactly 12:55 meaning we made her curfew. I parked my car in the drive way and got out with her. When we got to her door I took my heels off so that I wouldn't make noise while walking to her room. As we walked in I kind of smile inside because it was the same as I remembered it. Pink walls 1D posters on the wall and on her nightstand I saw a picture of me and her at the beach almost a year ago. That was the day I knew I had fallen in love with her.

When I turned around to look at her, she just walked forward and hugged me burying her face in my neck. Out of instinct I placed my hands on her back and started to rub circle trying to calm her down.

"Camz it's ok, I'm here" I tell her as I keep rubbing her back

"Than-Thank you for looking out for me" I hear her say in a muffled voice. I can tell that she is about to cry but I won't let that happen

"Don't you dare start to cry Camila Cabello" I warn as I pull back to look at her beautiful brown eyes

"If I so what will happen?" she asks with misty eyes, and I do the one thing I knew that would probably cheer her up.

"This is a story of a girl who cried a river and drowned the whole world. And while she looks so sad in photographs I absolutely love her when she smiles" I sing and I see that she has a small smile through watery eyes.

"So you love her smile?" she asks with beaming eyes and I put my hand to her cheek and clear a small tear with my thumb

"I'll never tell" I say giving her a kiss on her other cheek. "Now come on its late and I think we should get ready for bed and maybe clean up the ugly makeup tears" I tell her as I pull her into her bathroom to get her cleaned up.

After a good 20 minutes we were both laying on her bed and looking at the ceiling unable to sleep.

"Hey Laur" I hear her say

"Yeah Camz"

"What are you going to do about Chris?" She asks and right when she mentions him I clench my teeth.

"Don't mention him right now Camila" I answer with gritted teeth.

"I'm sorry, it's just that he was really drunk and-"

"Camz him being drunk doesn't excuse him from what he was going to do to you" I say trying hard not to explode.

"I-I know but he's your brother and-"

"Camila listen to me, yes he is my brother and yes he was drunk off his ass but none of that is going to save him from what I have in store for him tomorrow. You do understand what would have happened if I hadn't gotten there in time right?" I ask her as I look at her.

"Yeah I know but you did get there and nothing happened" she says looking at me then hugging me

"And thank god I got there because I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I had let anything happen to you" I say as I hug her back and kiss her head.

"Lauren, when will you tell me what happened to you that night we stopped being friends?" she asks and I close my eyes and hold onto her tighter.

"One day Camz, but not right now. Just go to sleep." I tell her as I try to block out the images of the worst nightmare ever.