Hop Luck

Anne was showing sprig polly and yn some photos and videos from her world.
"And this bad boy is my kitty domino. You guys would like her. She's got fire." Anne says proudly
"Ooh" sprig says in awe as he takes Anne's phone from her.
"Aw she's so tiny! I feel huge!" Polly says
"Hmm... I will.. set her free!" Sprig says pulling a hammer out of his pocket and trying to smash the phone. Luckily yn grabbed it just in time and handed the phone back to anne.
"Not gonna happen"
"Please stop doing that" anne says protecting her phone.
Suddenly a horrible smell came to yn and Anne's noses.
"Ugh, what is that? Did something crawl under the house and die?" Anne asks plugging her nose while yn gagged.
Sprig sniffed the air with his nonexistent nose and said
"Worse Anne, much worse, hop pop is cooking!"

They soon returned to the farm and sprig put his hand on the door handle
"Brace yourself."
"Brace myself for what?" Anne asked just before sprig opened the door and they were shot back from the horrible fumes.

"What's the plan this year hop pop? Poison the competition?" Sprig asked him once they were in the house. Hop pop hit his head with a spoon
"The plan is to win." He declared
"Win?" Anne asked with her nose still plugged.
"The annual village potluck. Every year we frogs gather for a great contest. I family who brings the best-tasting dish is showered with love and copper coins. The family with the worst-tasting dish spends the night in... the shame cage!"
"Brutal" Anne comments
"And guess which family ends up there every year." Sprig says disappointed. The frog family sighed. Anne noticed and frowned
"If you think I'm gonna let my favorite fright family end up in a cage, you've got another thing coming! I know I'm not technically a Plantar, but maybe me and yn can help."
"Anne, we'd sure appreciate it!" Sprig says
"So, what you making over there, hop pop? Sock gumbo?" Anne asks inspecting the smelly soup.
"No silly, and ya a traditional recipe from my family's cook book. We've been using this baby since I was a pollywog." Hop pop says proudly handing Anne the cook book.
Anne inspected the book before saying
"I think I found your problem guys. Old things are dumb!" Anne says purposely dropping the book. Hop pop caught it with his tongue and held it like it was a baby.
"Oh that makes sense" polly says
"It's all so clear now" sprig and polly agree
"But we planters have always cooked these recipes. What would my great-gam-gam say?"
"She'd say move on." Anne says
Hop pop sighs
"She was a fierce woman.."

"Look, if we're gonna win this thing, we need something new, something revolutionary..." Anne searched through her phone looking for the right photo.
"..hey, uh Anne?" Yn asked quietly
"Hm?" She said without looking at her phone
"Well my family has this really good recip-"
"Yeah-yeah, but I have the perfect thing in mind... something no one in the swamp has ever seen before! Something like..." Anne slid the phone to sprig.
"Pizza!" Anne finished and sprig gasped.
"I don't know what it is. But I love it." Polly says.
"Oh.. right.." Yn mumbles repeatedly pinching the skin on her arm.
"Pizza is the ultimate dish. You haven't lived until you've shared one with your friends at the mall." Anne says
Yn cringed at the memories of Sasha dragging her out to the mall to force her to try clothes that she hated and food that made her vomit. She began pinching her skin harder.
"Now, now hold on. Before we get carried away, what about this tried-and-true recipe? Swamp mold pot pie!"
The picture looked horrific and after a moment sprig and polly chanted "pizza! pizza!"
"Okay, okay, sheesh!"

"We'll win for sure with this, hop pop. Now all we gotta do is—" sprig pulled out a hammer
Anne cleared her throat and stole her phone back.
"All we gotta do is get four ingredients. Dough, cheese, basil, and tomatoes. Are you guys ready to make our pizza dreams a pizza reality?!?"
"Pizza dreams!!" Polly and sprig said
"Oh-oh! Maybe we should put pineapple on it. Seems like a natural fit."
Anne suddenly became violent and shoved sprig against the wall.
"Don't you dare talk about pineapple on my pizza. Ever." She whispered
She then peacefully dropped sprig and said casually
"Okay, let's go get those ingredients. Pizza dreams!"
"Pizza drea-"
"Pizza dreams!"
"I guess" Yn followed Anne.