Toad Tax

IJUSTGOTAGFHOLYFUCKOKAYSORRY

The gang had just walked into the grub and go,
"Oh! Pill bugs are on sale." Hop pop said pushing the cart.
"Ooh! That reminds me. I'm gonna go grab some of that beetle jerky I like." Anne said, then paused, "can't believe I just said that..."
"Okay kiddo! See ya outside."

While anne left to grab some of her jerky, yn was casually exploring the frog foods and produce.
"So many new flavors, and possibilities!" She said star struck while grabbing a couple items. As she walked past a small pollywog, an item seemed to slip from her grasp onto the poor babies head.
The child started blaring it's annoying cry.
"Oh my- Cleveland! Stay away from my baby you monster!" The mother yelled accusing at yn.
"But I didn't mean-"
Suddenly others were drawn to the noise of a crying child, and they started whispering.
"Why won't these creatures just go back to where they came from!"
"Monster!"
"She touched a baby! She can't be trusted!"
Yn hung her head low in embarrassment and darted out of the store, meeting hop pop, sprig, and polly outside.

Anne strolled through the aisles,
"Hmm, where is that... aha! Score. And I got the last one!" She said reaching out to grab the jerky, then some jerk decided to grab it with his tongue first.
"Hey! That was totally mine wally."
"Ya snooze, ya loose, scarecrow!" He said laughing and hopping away.
"Hey! Don't call me scarecrow! Oof!" She was hit in the ankles with a shopping cart.
"Hey! Move your big behind, scarecrow. Croaker needs her cookies."
Anne shuffled away and mumbled to herself,
"My behinds not big. I'm big. Technically, it's to scale. Woah!" She suddenly slipped on the wet floor.
"Hey! Didn't you see the sign, scarecrow!"
"Classic, clumsy scarecrow!"
The townsfolk began laughing and pointing.
Anne sighed and hurried away, and saw that yn, hop pop, sprig, and polly were already waiting.

"So, did you get the beetle jerky you- hey, what's wrong?" Sprig asked.
Anne sighed, "well, it's just.. I've been here for over a month now, and the townspeople still treat me crummy. I just wish they were a little nicer!"
"Tell me about it!" Yn groaned, "yeah lady, i bonked your baby on the head, calm down, the most he'll get is a bruise."
"Oh kids," hop pop sighed, "that's just the way these frogs are. Slow to accept, and even slower to respect. It's actually our town motto. You'll find a way to get their respect, in your own weird human ways. Now, who wants pill bug pancakes?"
"Ooh, my favorite!" Anne said excitedly, "I've been here too long." She said in a deep, gruffer voice.

As they started riding Bessie back to the farm, they passed a statue.
"Well, that statues new." Hop pop commented.
"And tasteless, woof." Sprig said.
Suddenly, Bessie stopped and started freaking out in her snail language.
"Woah, woah, girl. Easy. What's wrong?" Anne said getting in front of her, she followed her eyes to see some terrifying toads riding a giganto spider.

The toads parked their vehicle in the middle of town, one sighed, "ahh, nothing like cracking your neck after a long drive. Ain't that right?"
Just as he finished talking the major popped out of his large house, "oh good, you're here. Toadie, give 'em the list."
The small frog handed the toad the list as he slowly looked over it.

"Who are those guys?" Anne asked.
"Toads from toad tower. They rule over the entire valley." Hop pop explained.
"Toad what?" Yn asked.
"It's a big, scary tower deep in the swamp." Sprig said pulling out a map, "and the toads that live there are the valleys fiercest warriors."
"Woah cool!" Anne and yn said, almost at the same time.
"Cool, yes. But they can be a rough sort. It's probably for the best that we stay clear of- oh! Oh dang it, there they go." He said watching sprig, yn, and Anne walk over to the toads.

Yn vigorously wrote in her journal, making sure to get every detail about this frog-toad hierarchy.
"Hey guys, so you are from toad tower?" Sprig asked.
"Sure are, runt." One of the toads said.
Sprig laughed, "ha, ha! My names sprig, actually."
"Uh-huh, yeah. Sure. Woah!" He said turning around to face the kids. "What are those?!?" He asked.
"It's some kind of gangly new critters I've never seen before." One of the other toads said while they approached the kids.
"I wonder what they taste like." The girl toad said.
"Woah, woah, hey. They are not for eating!"
Sprig said defensively talking out his slingshot.
"Don't come any closer!" Anne said taking out her tennis racket.
They waited for yn to comment, but all she did was continue writing. 'Toads- may or may not be interested in tasting humans. Beware!'