Snow day!

Kind of ironic, I'm working on this while I have a day off of school because of a blizzard lol.

Anne was making breakfast for the family,
"Perfecto!" She said placing a single basil on top of her omelet.
"What do you call these again?" Polly asked.
"Omelettes. Very popular where I'm from."
"We'll see about that." Hop pop squinted his eyes as he inspected his share. But as soon as he took a bite his pupils dilated.

"Holy crab apples! Until today, I've been eating garbage!"
Polly munched loudly from her plate, "I've seen the future.. and it's omelettes."
Suddenly, sprig came down the stairs, screaming about something, he suddenly paused,
"Oh, those look good."
"Omelettes."
"Oh... AHHHHHHH!! It's happening!"
"Are you sure it's happening?" Hop pop said grabbing his face.
"Dead sure."
"Is this a 'we gotta go now' kinda thing or can I finish eating?"
"Take it to go anne! Cause we gotta sound the alarm."
"Okay," anne pulled out 3 different sized containers, "I just gotta separate the stuff so it retains the flavors and doesn't get soggy-"
"Come on anne!"
"Get a move on!"
"Move anne!"
"Okay, okay."

Then they left the house, sprig making an alarm sound with his mouth and the three girls following them.

As they reached the town everyone was already gathered.
"Everyone, listen up! Today is the third morning in a row, where the temperature dipped below the frog line. Which means- Hiberday is almost upon us."
"Hiberday??"
"Once a year, the temperature drops so low that it sends everyone into instant hibernation. Frozen in place until they thaw out the next day. And when we thaw, we feel refreshed, rejuvenated, virile.."
"Hey, that's pretty cool."
"Well, it's not. Every year one townsperson disappears, never to be seen again..."
"Annnddd, there's the weird dark turn."
"Oh I've been waiting for something like this."
"It's serious, anne, yn, look around you." Polly said as they all looked at the families saying their possible goodbyes.

"Possible goodbye Sprig."
"Possible goodbye hop pop."
"Possible goodbye family."
"And of course, girls.." hop pop said stepping towards anne and yn to hug them.
"Not so fast!" Anne yelled putting her arms out to block the small frogs from hugging them.
"What?"
"Harsh."
"Ur kinda spitting on tradition anne."
"There will not be any goodbyes this year. Because this year, Wartwood has us!" Anne grabbed yns hand, holding it up into the air for everyone to see.
"Huh?" The town questioned.
"Um, hello! We're warm blooded."
"That's kinda gross." Sprig said.
"It means we won't freeze." Yn said, finally catching on to what anne was implying.
"We can be your protectors! And under our watch," anne grabbed yns hand again and struck a heroic pose, "no-one will have to disappear again!"
The town cheered for the two, then begun chanting their names.

"Wow, you two have gone from town beasts to town protectors. Big fan of that narrative." Sprig said.

"Alright," hop pop came to the front of the crowd, "Hiberday isn't till tomorrow. So, everyone meet back here tonight. Then yn and anne can guard all of us."
"We're gonna live!" Wally cheered.
"Thank goodness those two beanstalks are here."
"I'm gonna burn my will!"

"Girls, are you sure about this?" Hop pop asked after the crowd had dispersed.
"Looking after the whole towns a lot of responsibility."
"Are you kidding? We've got this! We're anne and yn!"
"Yn and anne."
"{your name}nne for the win!" You two said at the same time.
But as you two looked down, the planters weren't there..

"Guys??" Yn turned, and saw the planters frozen.

Anne yelled out, "what the heck?"
A single snowflake fell from the sky onto yns head.
"This can't be good.."
And she was right, because next thing they knew the whole town was covered in snow and every creature was frozen.