Cracking Mrs. Croaker

"Hi Sprig, thanks for your help in the tea shop the other day." One civilian said to Sprig as yn, anne, and polly followed behind him.
"No problem, Felicia. I had a tea-rrific time!" Sprig chuckled.
"Oh, coke here you little charmer!" She said tickling his face. "Okay bye!"
"Alright, see you."
As the three continued their walk the townsfolk continued to say hi to Sprig.
"Wow. People around here really seem to like Sprig." Yn said.
"Yup, hes always been something of a town favorite. Those big eyes and goofy grin are hard to resist."
Suddenly, a loud honk came from a little while up the road and Mrs Croakers ladybug drove up.
"Hey-hey! Here comes Mrs Croaker, hi Mrs croaker!" Sprig waved, but all she did was drive by, leaving him in the dust.

"Heh, this thing broken?" Sprig moved his arm like it had a bug. Mrs croaker pulled up to where anne, yn, and Polly were standing.
"Hi Mrs croaker!" The three girls waved.
"Well hello anne, polly, n/n." She started walking away when sprig rushed in front of her.
"Hi Mrs croaker.." despite that, Mrs croaker continued to ignore him.

"That was weird.. guys, you aren't gonna believe this, but... I don't think Mrs. Croaker likes me." He said dramatically.
"Huh.."
"So, what'd you think Hop Pops making for dinner tonight?" Anne asked polly while sprig started ranting on about Mrs Croaker and his charm.
"How could she not like me? I'm Sprig. The fun Planter!"
"Sprig, trust me, a lot of us here learned it the hard way but not everyone is going to like you. And it's not a big deal, just move on and you'll forget about it." Yn said.
"You know what, yn. Your right! That is not okay!"
"That's literally the opposite of what she said."
"Looks like it's time to crank up the charm on this widow." Sprig narrated to himself.

Sprig attempted holding open the door, only for Mrs. Croaker to ignore him. Then he tried taking her groceries, she ignored him again.
"No, wait! Mrs. Croaker come back! Acknowledge me!!!" Sprig cried as she drove away.

"That was the saddest thing I've ever seen. And I've seen some things.." polly whispered.
"How can I fix this??!!" Sprig asked desperately.
"Totally feel for you dude. I had the same issue with a girl named Jamie Krieger back home. My advice? Just let it go."
"Exactly."
"You know what anne? Your right. I can't just let this go! I HAVE to get Mrs. Croaker to like me. And I can't do that unless.. I know more about her. Fact-finding mission, engage! Haha!"
"Sprig-" anne sighed as he ran off, with a new determination.
"Get used to this feeling." Polly said.

After sprig had interviewed everyone in town about this cranky old lady, while anne, yn, and Polly stayed behind and played on some mobile game on her phone.
"Ooh, my turn next!" Yn said while gripping Anne's loose arm while anne tapped away.
Sprig suddenly walked up to them, "I spent all day and I know even less about her than I did before." He groaned.

"Sorry about the wait kids!-" hop pop said popping out of the grocery store.
"Hop pop, Mrs Croaker doesn't like me!"
"Huh.. So, what do you kids want for dinner? I was thinking ravioli."
Sprig sighed as anne stood up, "aw yeah, that's what I'm talking about!"

Yn was peacefully re-reading one of her favorite books when sprig suddenly opened the door to the basement. "Yn! I've got it."
"I have a completely reasonable plan for getting Mrs croaker to like me."
"Glad to hear it, lay it on me." Yn said, just wanting to help her little frog friend.
"Well, I'm going to break into her house, search through her belongings, find the key to her secret wishes, and make them all come true." He said smiling sweetly.

"Sprig, what??? That's completely crazy pants. Listen, sprig, Mrs. Croaker is just someone who doesn't like people for no reason... like uhh... what's her name.." yn snapped her fingers, "Jamie Krieger! Mrs. Croaker is just like Jamie Krieger, who didn't like anne."
"Yn, this is totally different. This is about me, I'm totally likeable. While anne can be a bit.." sprig hummed.
"Go on.." yns eyes narrowed, she'd of course do anything to protect her girlfriend.
"Likeable! Also."
"Darn right she's likeable! Sprig, you could, and knowing you, you probably will, you could literally die for someone and they could still hate you. I would know from experience. So please don't go waste all your time trying to impress someone who doesn't even have the time to look your way."
...
Despite yns speech, sprig didnt at all rethink his plan.