Hop Pop and Lock

Sorry this chapter was a little late I'm kind of behind on schoolwork and my mental health is killing me so I was putting that first. Anyways, here's another rushed chapter.

It was just another normal day in Wartwood, the gang hiding in an alleyway with a wheelbarrow.
"Now kids, just cause we lost the family stand doesn't mean we can't sell our produce out of a janky wheelbarrow."
"This... this is pretty sad." Anne said.
"Agreed." Yn commented.
"Ah, criminal activity. Excitement!" Sprig slid on a ski mask.
"Take that off! This is perfectly legal."
"Then why are we hiding in an alley?" Yn asked.
"Um.. stop asking questions and follow my lead." Hop pop slid out of the shadows and tapped on a green frogs shoulder.
"Psst, lady. Wanna buy an eggplant?" The lady turned around and hop pop gasped.
"Hoppy!"
"W-what... Sylvia!"

"Hoppy?" The kids questioned from the alleyway.

"Come here, you sweet potato." Sylvia wrapped her arms around hop pop.
"Erm.. I though you had moved away!"
"Yep, but I'm back in town. Now, let's take a look at your veggies."
Hop pop was stammering, sweating, and blushing. Anne took notice of all the common signs and started forming ideas in her head.

Sylvia took a rather odd looking vegetable from the cart.
"Oh! I'll take this one. I've always had a soft spot for the weird ones." She said in a flirtatious tone, "well, I better be going. Goodbye hoppy."
Hop pop struggled to form his words, "uh-uh-uh g-goodbye Sylvia.."
As Sylvia rounded the corner and left, hop pop sighed.

"Hop pop... you dog!" Anne exclaimed
"Huh?"
"What's happening?"
"What's going on?"
"Hop Pop is clearly in love."
The two frog children widened their eyes,
"What!"
"I didn't think that was possible!"
"Am not!" Hop pop yelled, then paused, "okay maybe a little."
"Awww, you should tell her how you feel!"
"Anne!" Yn smacked Anne's arm. "You can be their matchmaker!"
"Watch me yn," Anne whispered while hop pop was going on and on about how he's too awkward.
"-I wish there was another way to let Sylvia know how I feel.." he said sadly.
Suddenly from the center of the town the bell rang.
"Hmm.. kids, watch the wheelbarrow for a second."
"I'll make sure he doesn't draw attention to himself." Yn said, and followed hop pop into town.

The two walked in to see toadie hammering down a large poster.
"Dance fever! With family fun! Shenanigans! Romance! Tonight from 6:00 p.m. till... hmmm?" He shrugged, then hopped off his ladder.
Sylvia magically appeared behind them and sighed, "been a long time since I've danced with someone. Might be nice to feel the embrace of a man."
The frog next to her laughed, "mom!"

Hop pop was stammering nervously again and someone tapped on his shoulder, but as he turned he wasn't there. Hop pop felt another tap and he turned again and with no surprise he wasn't there. As he turned back to face the front a large blue toad was in his face.
"Classic, gullible hopadiah!"
"Oh, hey Monroe." Hop pop sighed.
"You're not seriously thinking of going to this thing, are you? Wouldn't want to embarrass yourself like last year barn dance fiasco." He laughed, "cya around old timer!"
Hop pop narrowed his eyes,
"Oh we'll see Monroe. We'll see.."
Suddenly a whistle could be heard from the alleyway.
"Hop pop it's the fuzz! Everyone scatter, ahhh!" Sprig yelled as he got tackled by some frog-police.

Finally as the family was back at the house, getting sprig freed from the police was not easy. Hop pop slipped away into his study, doing whatever. That was the least of yns concerns right now.

"Anne?" Yn walked up to her brunette friend while she was hitting a ball onto the wall with her racket.
"Sup dude?"
"Well.. can you, uh, can you dance?"
Anne stopped her hitting.
"Yeah, I guess so. Why?"
"Could you maybe teach me?"
"Sure dude! You could've just started with that. Now what kind of dancing? Slow dancing? Fast dancing?"
"Uhm.. how about both?"
Anne took out her phone and placed it in a bucket so the sound would be surrounding. She then put on a song and started dancing.
"You just need to feel the music yn, Let your body take over your movements."
Soon yn had joined in on the dancing and they were both dancing, together.