Hop-Popular

Yes, I actually have time to kill and I felt like doing this 🗿

"Hey Hop Pop! Got the groceries!" Yn said kicking down the door to the house.
"Couldn't buy much since we've barely got any money left." Polly said.
"Feeling any better Hop Pop?" Sprig asked.
Hop pop sighed from his spot on the couch, he was literally almost a rotting corpse.
"No. Ever since we lost the vegetable stand, I've just welt, well, lost. I was fine the first couple of days, but.. it's really starting to catch up with me."

"Well, maybe this will cheer you up! Pa-pow!" Anne pulled a flier out of the grocery bag.
"The Grub-N-Gos hiring greeters! All ya gotta do is smile and be friendly!"
Hop pop sighed and slid off the couch.
"Just another job for me to lose."

"See! You're a natural."
"Now head out there and get back in the game." Sprig started pulling him out the door by his arm,
"Lemme go! The couch is the only one who understands me!"

After the interview was done hop pop left the Grub-N-Go with his head down.
"Thank you Mr. Planter, don't call us. We'll call you."
As soon as hop pop left the store he noticed the crowd around the center of town.
"What's all this rabble?" He asked
"Sign-ups for the election! You been living under a rock? Cause I have and even I knew that." Wally said.
"Election?"

"Vote Mayor Toadstool! If re-elected, I will always look out for the little guy." He said sliding his information in the Mayor Nomination box, and then he stepped on Toadie to get onto his snail. He then rode away leaving the common folk in the dust.
Hop pop scoffed, "some mayor."
"That guy keeps raising our taxes and what do we geos to show for it? Our snail-ways are a mess, our buildings are falling apart! Heck, we ain't even replaced the school house after last years millipede incident!"
"Am I crazy or is he making sense?"
"Maybe we need a mayor who looks out for the people he's mayoring. Cause ours, well..." he chuckled, "he's only looking out for himself. Anyway, good afternoon everybody." He said as soon as he noticed that we was rambling on to the whole town.

"I nominate Hopadiah Planter for mayor!"
"I second that!"
"I third it."
"Let's hear it for Hopadiah!"
"Sounds good to me."
"Hop Pop for mayor everyone!" Sylvia yelled while she placed his name in the nomination box.
Hop pops smile only grew while the whole town was clapping for him.

Hop pop opened the door to his home,
"Guess what kids?!"
"You passed the interview?"
"You have a job?"
"Nope! Im running for mayor!"
"Huh?" The four kids all said at once.
"Don't you see kids? If I win this election, I'll prove once and for all that Hopadiah Planter aint no loser!" He said while combing his hair in the mirror.
"Oh no, if he loses, he'll be more down than ever."
"And we just got the couch cleaned." Yn complained
"But if he wins maybe we'll get the old hop pop back!"
"True that."
"Fair point."

"Hop Pop, we're all in!" Anne called,
"REALLY?!?!" Hop pop knocked them off the couch with his excitement. "Aw, kids, I won't let you down. If anyone needs me, I'll be in the bathroom practicing my distinguished expression!" He laughed and left the room.

"Ugh, politics are the worst." Anne groaned.
"Yeah, the monster fights are pretty cool tho."
"The what now?"

The fans cheered as the candidates prepared in front of a cave.
"You made a powerful enemy today Hopadiah. Toads have run uncontested for decades, this is a disgrace." Toadstool said.
"The only disgrace is you as mayor."
"Ooh, I like this Hopadiah." Mrs Croaker said.
"I dunno, toadstool is tried and true!" One random frog argued.

"Ahem! Welcome to the official mayoral trials. Where the candidates try to win your vote!"
"I'm suddenly very interested in politics." Anne said blowing her horn in sprigs face.
"Okay anne, that's enough."