Croak and Punishment

Happy late Christmas (or whatever recent holiday you've celebrated)!!
Sorry I'm updating late I've been really busy this past week preparing for parties and me and my siblings had Covid. (we're fine now :P) and I finally found time to get to this. Okay now on with the chapter..

Early in the morning on the planter farm anne was sipping her bug-coffee and watching the sunset.
"Ahh," she sighed, taking a sip of her drink.
"Anne! Anne! Anne! An-"
Anne put her finger up and he respectfully stopped. Once she tipped it down he continued,
"Anne! Anne! Anne! Look what I found!" Sprig pulled a sparkling blue shell out of his jacket.
"A blue moon shell!"
"Looks pretty." Anne said while blinking her tired eyes.
"Yup! And you know who's gonna love it? Ivy! Tomorrows her birthday. And this is the perfect gift."

"Morning kids!" Hop pop said opening the door and stepping outside. "Time to start the chores. Whoa! Is that a blue moon shell?"
He gasped, "beautiful! You know, some frogs die never having seen one."
Polly chuckled, "haha, suckers."
"Anyway, enough dilly-dallying. Chore time! Bessie's waste ain't gonna shovel itself."
"Well, don't wanna get this thing dirty."
Sprig placed his shell on a fence post and started walking away.
"Whoa, whoa, whoa. You're just gonna leave that there? Someone's gonna steal it."
"No they won't. This is Wartwood, anne, not some den of thieves."
"You can at least cover it up or something."
"I will do no such thing! I trust my community. And frankly, anne, I pity you for not trusting yours."
"Okay, okay. Sheesh."
"Kids, get your butts over here! Polly go wake up yn!"
"Coming hop pop!" Anne and Sprig said.
"You got it hop pop!" Polly said walking back into the house and smacking yn.

"Dude it's like 5 a.m." yn yawned. "Ooh!" Her eyes shimmered as she caught sight of the glittering shell. She quickly made her way over, "wow, it's gorgeous.. this is perfect! This is Anne's favorite color, I can give it to her as a gift when I finally ask her to-"
"Yn come on!" Hop pop yelled.
"Hang on hp, quick bathroom break." Yn said while grabbing the shell and running inside, not even noticing the string that fell from her bag in the process.

"Glad that's over with!" Sprig said to anne as they walked back from their job, after it was done yn had quickly ran back to the house to do whatever.
"Well, I'm scarred for life."
"Yup! But never mind that. Look!" He said point to the empty fence post, "the blue moon shell, right where I felt it."
He opened his eyes,
"Wait, wait a minute. What? The shell. The shells not here! IVE BEEN ROBBED!"
"Well, I don't wanna tell you, 'I told you so,' but-"
Sprig started sobbing, "ivys birthday is tomorrow, and I've got nothing."
"Okay first, calm down." Anne handed him a plant that resembled a paper bag and he did some deep breaths into it.
"Second, maybe we can track this thief down. Quick. Look for clues." Anne started inspecting the ground.
"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" Anne picked up a red string from the ground.
"Oh, that's just waxed yarn. They sell it at the Grub N Go."
"Well then, let's grub and go there to catch our thief."
"Hehe, nice."
"Finally, hundreds of hours of watching trash cop shows is gonna pay off."
"Cop what?" Sprig asked.
"You know, a cop, po-po, five-oh, doughnut munchers?"
Sprig hummed while he thought.
"Here," anne took out her phone and played a scene from 'Cop Stop.'

"Whoa! I'm into this."
"Who wouldn't be? Now let's go catch that thief!"

The two pulled up to the Grub N Go with fake mustaches,
"Ow! Whoops. Why are we wearing these again?" Sprig asked.
"All the best cops have mustaches. Now, here's how it's gonna go. I'm the good cop. So I'll butter em up and make 'em lower their guard. Then bam-o!! You come in as the and cop and get the confession."
"Got it!"