Sealing grounds

Y/N turned away from Link and surveyed the scene. There was copper fencing leading to a path that spiralled down to a weird looking stone statue at the bottom. She had to lean against the fence to look all the way down.

Without warning, she started along the path. Link scrambled after her "Wait!" what if there was something dangerous? Y/N rolled her eyes, as if she'd listen to him now after what he did. "Stop!" Link grabbed her wrist and pulled her back. "Let go!" Y/N snatched her hand away, glaring at him, before resuming along the path.

Y/N's thoughts preoccupied her, she didn't see the odd shaped plant in front of her. She heard a strange noise, it sounded as if something was being pulled from the ground. She turned her head and saw a navy plant with rows of dagger sharp teeth. It's spit dripped on the ground as it gazed at her. The sheer horror made Y/N's blood run cold, she could feel her heart beating so hard that she feared the plant could hear it and she tried to steady her shaking legs.

Then instinct kicked in and she reached out for Pipit's shield, but the plant had already lunged at her. Her eyes widened and she shut them as she awaited certain death, but the plant never came....

She opened one eye, fearing that the plant was still there. Link stood at her side, his sword thrust into the plant's throat. The plant let out a sickening gurgle as it breathed its last breath, and then it quickly shrivelled and disintegrated to dust.

Link sheathed the sword on his back and then turned to Y/N who was burning in embarrassment. Y/N simmered inside, in the end Link had saved her and she had looked stupid. Link looked at her in concern, not knowing what to do.

Y/N turned away once more muttering a quiet thank you, at this Link smiled hopefully. Y/N shattered his hope when she said "Doesn't mean we're friends, Link." the way she said his name was how a kid would say 'broccoli'. 

Link walked in front of her at which Y/N jibed "Just because you're the 'hero' doesn't mean you're a god!" she pushed past him, elbowing him on purpose in the process, this time a firm hand on her (Or rather- Link's) training sword.

Two more plant monsters had come out from the ground, creeping Y/N out significantly. The first time she had stunned it with the hilt of her sword and ran past, leaving Link to defeat it. The second one, she had kicked it and wasted no time in running, leaving Link to kill it once more.

Only when Y/N was sure that there were no monsters, did she put her sword away. From the corner of her eye she saw an old and weathered door in a cliff, hidden away by leafy vines. She tried opening it, but the door seemed locked. Link tried running into it, but even that stupid idea didn't work. 

Y/N sighed in frustration, and kicked a rock "Maybe we'll- I mean I WILL- find something to open it at the end of the path?" she said aloud. Link nods, and they both make their way towards the bottom of the spiral. Y/N walks a few meters ahead of him, out of earshot.

Link feels really guilty. He shouldn't have locked Y/n in her room. But he didn't want her in danger- it was enough loosing Zelda. Still, he reasoned, that was no excuse. He hoped Y/N would forgive him, but then again- Y/N was known for holding grudges...

 Double checking that Y/N was far enough not to hear, he called Fi. "Yes Master?" came the robotic voice, Link hesitated "...Y/N..." he instructed quietly. "Y/N!" said Fi loudly, Link hurriedly shushed her, casting a worried glance towards her.

"Y/N." Fi said in a quieter voice "Your enemy and rival. She goes to the academy with you, master. Y/N wants to find Zelda, convinced that she can't trust you she set off to find her. Y/N doesn't talk to you anymore." Fi says. Link feels like he's been slapped in the face. When he hears the word 'enemy' he feels even worse. He doesn't have much time to dwell on this as Y/N calls him.

"Hey! Idiot! I think you're supposed to do something to this statue thing!" She says. Link searches for any kindness and affection in her voice, but finds none. 

Y/N is standing in front of a tomb-like statuette at the bottom of the spiral. He was so lost in his thoughts, he never knew that they had reached. Link looks skyward, they're a long way from their origin point. He feels a shiver down his spine. He had a dream about a terrible monster that resided in this place... he hadn't told Y/N....

He had also had a vision just as he landed on the surface. The monster was black and it emitted some weird smoke from it's body. It was made of weird feathers that looked like eyes... Link snapped out of his daze and focused on reality.

Fi comes out of the master sword suddenly, causing Y/N to yelp. "Master, an update of our situation." Fi says in the same blank voice. Link nods, telling her to continue "Master, you must hit the seal in the middle with your skyward strike." and with a robotic twinkle, Fi disappears.

"Skyward strike?!" Y/N echoes, looking at Link accusingly. Link unsheathes his sword and widens his feet, now standing in some sort of stance. He breathes in, closing his eyes and drawing his sword up. He opens his eyes and a divine blue light engulfs his sword, brimming it with power. He wields it with both hands and brings it down on the stone statue "HYAH!" he cries out, Y/N rolls her eyes, but watches.

The two ex-friends hear a rumbling noise coming from somewhere. Y/N gasps "I think that's the door!" she cries out, racing back up the path. Link runs after her, praying to the gods to give him strength.

AN:

Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed! Give me any feedback- unless it's just plain insults. Stay safe!

-Wishiwashi