Chapter 5 - Enter! The Second Spirit!

A few weeks before christmas.

"Where are we going?"

Samuel was walking behind Ellen Mathers. With his hand being held, she led him through the corridors of an underground facility.

Confused, Samuel looked around to see where they were going. However, he followed the woman with nordic blonde hair without question.

".....!"

Until he spotted something. When they were walking through the corridors, they passed by the <SAMM> stations.

This was the place he was born, no— created. Through biological engineering, DEM attempted to make a human capable of manipulating the Realizer by combining Ellen and Isaac's genetics and programming them to act a certain way.

Since he was the first to be created, Samuel was considered to be incomplete. Unlike the others, the human emotions locked away from within him was brought out when Isaac instructed Ellen to make him train with Mana.

But Samuel didn't necessarily hate them for that. He was told he should be grateful. While they were walking however, Samuel felt fear crawling up his back.

That was because judging from the direction they were walking, he was most likely going to be <Reprogrammed>.

When he realized that, Samuel tried pulling his arm to run away.

".....I....I don't want to go."

"............"

However, Ellen's grip was tighter than usual. She wouldn't let him run away. Fearing the worst, Samuel started thrashing about as he began to panic.

"No wait! Anything but this! I don't want my memories to be erased! Especially not the times I shared with Mana! Not those times, not one line, don't you dare!"

".......You don't have a say in this."

"And why not?! They're my memories...!"

"..........Since when were you allowed to have your own thoughts?"

"Eh? M-Mother what are you—"

When Ellen said that with a cold voice while gritting her teeth, she looked back at Samuel who had a terrified expression as she interrupted him.

"—You are a tool for war. Nothing more, nothing less. You are not my son."

".......Y-Yes....Ma'am."

Hearing her say that, Samuel felt his throat clog up as he slowly stopped resisting and followed her to a white room.

There, she left him alone and took off. Apparently, she needed to go confront the Itsuka twins since their Reiha readings were detected.

Samuel was helplessly strapped on a machine as he thrashed about, trying to kick off the scientists working for DEM industries. Most likely, they were doing this under Isaac's instructions.

"N-No....I don't want this! P-Please don't! Anything but my memories of Mana! If you do that, I'll turn into a completely different person...!"

"That's the idea, kid."

"I'm sorry but Westcott MD told us to specifically erase those memories."

"Now go on then, say the words on screen."

When the scientists and researchers said that he saw a screen in front of him. He didn't want to say the words, but when he refused to, they would give him an electric shock that through his body as he gave out a pained shout.