Chapter 16 - Panic! At the Comico

"A-aaa—aaaaaaaaahhhh!!!" With Nia's bloodcurdling scream, a mass of Reiryoku, like dirty mud, flowed from her body. Everything it touched decayed to dust. 

As she was screaming, wounds and gashes began appearing on her body and blood flowed out from her wounds like a river.

And then—her Reiryoku and blood covered her entire body, distorting her appearance.

What appeared before Syouji's eyes was not the familiar silhouette of a nun, but a figure that didn't resemble the image from his memories.

The figure in front of him was more ominous. Instead of a nun, it was more like an enchantress from the underworld.

"Shinji, what the hell happened all of a sudden?!" Syouji blurted out as Shidou and the spirits looked at him in shock but were ignored. There was a more pressing matter right in front of them, after all.

—[It seems she inverted......because of Isaac Westcott.]

At which point, Shinji, the voice in Syouji's head answered, his voice tainted with loathing and hatred.

Then, Nia's body jittered as she walked like a marionette doll controlled by strings.

"A-aa—aaa." Her face twisted in pain and was filled with torment as she began shedding tears of blood.

Then, she let out a gritty voice.

"<Beel....ze......bub.>" As if to heed her call, the figure of a huge book materialized before Nia.

Just peering in its direction made them feel the overwhelming pressure. There's no doubt, what was before our their eyes was a Demon king, just like <Nahemah>, <Satan> and <Asriel>.

Then, the book <Beelzebub> which was floating in the air began to open automatically as its pages began to turn at tremendous speeds and the pages scattered about and fluttered around the air.

"Syouji, this is..."

"Shidou, be careful. Everyone be on your guard. I have a feeling that's not just ordinary paper."

Syouji said with a serious expression. And then, <Beelzebub>'s pages flew into a battle formation around Nia, then released a dark light.

"Wha...?!" Shidou looked on with widened eyes.

That was because the pages let out several monsters made of darkness. They began shrieking and hissing, thrashing the ground in preparation to attack.

"Uwah...!"

Shidou tensed up when they lunged, but just before his claws could reach him, a staff spun in the air, hitting them as they evaporated into the air. Their bodies bent and distorted disappearing into space.

Syouji, who was standing in front of him, already manifested his Astral Dress along with his Angel. Then, he turned his head to the others with a small smile.

"Everyone...I need your help again."

When Syouji said that, all the Spirits in that place, except for Kotori immediately manidested their limited Astral Dress and summoned their Angels before walking to Syouji's side.

"Kaka! It was wise of you to ask for assistance from the Yamai!"

"Confirm. Yuzuru and Kaguya will assist in the fight."

"Umu! I don't really get it, but I can't just stand around doing nothing!"

"Yeah. What kind of friend would I be if I ran away at a time like this?"