Chapter 9 - Nia Otome

"...Well it can't be true right?"

Sitting on her chair inside the control room of <Ratatoskr>'s underground base, Kotori mumbled desperately.

After they heard about Nia's [Condition], Syouji took her to a hamburger shop to take a small break.

He used this as an excuse to discuss the situation separately from Nia, and retreated back to the underground facility.

Next to Kotori, there was Syouji who came here via his <Spatial tunnel>'s. Right now, they were discussing the date with Nia.

"Well, the reason why I asked it was because I sensed it. Besides, you heard her right? It's only 2D stuff she likes. She was like me 5 years ago." Syouji explained.

That's right. Nia, the Spirit they were dealing with supposedly falls in love with only 2D

"2D stuff like....manga or anime characters?"

"I think so. Game characters too. She did mention she liked Otome games."

"That's right." Upon Syouji's words, Nakatsugawa raised his voice. "It's really popular with the youth nowadays. People that really love Anime and Manga characters. Of course, those characters were made to be loved by readers and viewers, because they usually have ideal personalities. Moreover, they're all handsome and beautiful."

"You said it, Munechika-kun. In my place, I learned to read people. Maybe that's why I recently developed the power to see through people. Reality can't be compared to something perfect like 2D." Syouji followed.

"Spoken from experience?" Kotori commented her eyes half opened.

This was Syouji's best friend <Dimension Breaker> Nakatsugawa. They shared a passion together, with them often getting into heated arguments.

"Please Commander, I'm okay with Seiyuu too." Nakatsugawa said that while wagging his finger.

"Well, Nia must also have a liking towards a certain character right?" Kotori asked.

"Ah yeah, Tokiya from [Chronicle]. He's my Waifu too. A guy, but a Waifu. He's a man who's on a journey to avenge his love who is also his sister." Syouji explained, barely containing his excitement.

"Yeah, he has a cool personality and is the type of Character that's popular among women." Nakatsugawa added.

"Fuun, I see. Then, Syouji how do you feel about cosplaying as him."

"It would be fun. But in this context, I wouldn't want to. It would violate Nia's trust. I don't like this idea Kotori."

"Fine then I'll have Shidou do it."

"......Fine. It's not like I can stop you anyway. At the very least, hold me down with straps or something, because I will interfere. Also, at the very least let me provide the costume. I will not forgive a half-assed Tokiya costume."

[=]

"Kurumi"

After scouting the entire city, Syouji's clone finally found <The worst Spirit> Tokisaki Kurumi. Over there, the Spirit dressed in a red and black Astral Dress was standing in a pool of blood.

"Ara ara, Syouji-san....I was just replenishing my clones. The clones that gave their life for you to escape."

"I thought they don't matter?"

"It's clear that they matter to you, and yet...you left just like that. How cruel~"

"That was because I knew you would be fine."