Chapter 25 - Body switch

"...ri! Kotori!"

".....ouji" Under her fading consciousness, Kotori's frail ears heard a nostalgic voice.

Her body was unable to detect outside stimulus and even her brain was incapable of responding. The only thing that Kotori feel at that time was drowsiness. Her cold hands and feet were frostbitten until she could not feel them anymore. If she were to fall asleep, she would mot likely never find herself awake again. Although she understood that point, she could not stop herself from drowsing away like a little baby. 

"Ah, Syouji good timing. Kotori's out cold!"

"Request. This is extremely dangerous. Please carry out Cardiopulmonary resuscitation."

"....Uwah. Fondling her chest from the start. Truly brave."

"Disregard. A little won't matter in urgent situations like this. Please engage directly."

"....W-W-What are you doing!" Kotori yelled feeling her two breasts being fondled as she instantly opened her eyes in surprise only to discover that the person passionately fondling her chest wasn't her dear brother Syouji, but two girls with identical faces.

"What are you doing...? Kaguya, Yuzuru." Kotori asked with a half glance as the twins looked at each other and immediately turned to Kotori.

They were wearing simple clothes and seemed to be carrying some luggage. Although they were wearing similar outfits, Kaguya was wearing shortpants, whereas Yuzuru was wearing a skirt. Their physiques and hairstyles were similar, hinting at the fact that they were born as twins.

"Kukuku, we've deceived you well, Kotori."

"Agreement. Syouji's name awakens you with great passion through the power of love."

The two girls had been massaging Kotori's bossom up til' then and unhurriedly wandered their fingers. Kotori suddenly brushed them off and attempted to stand up, only to collapse onto the ground in exhaustion.

"I-Is there something wrong?"

"Worry. You appear to be debilitated."

"....Of course, I'm weak." Kotori exhaled as she weakly gazed at the wretched condition of her surroundings. Their current location was foreign and the climate was treacherous as the entire scene as far as her eyes could see was a pure blanket of white. 

Under the harsh weather, Kotori only wore simple and crude clothing, without any decent barrier against the icy winter cold. It was no wonder her body was weakened. She peered inside the frosted basket in her hands, and encountered a pile of soggy matches.

"This... I look like the little match girl."

"The little match girl?"

"Enquiry. What is that?"

The twins inclined their heads in the same direction as Kotori replied with a sigh. 

"It's a children story where a poor girl tries to sell matches in the street in the winter, but couldn't sell even a single match. Unable to tolerate the frigid cold, the girl lit the matches to warm herself."

Kotori answered with a sneeze. Although she was resuscitated by the Yamai sisters, her dire situation hadn't improved much compared to before.

"A change of location seems proper. Tis much cold-seasoned."

"Consent. We must evade the snow elsewhere."

Kaguya and Yuzuru firmly pulled onto Kotori's hands and supported her shoulders as they trampled across the snowfield. After some time passed, the three finally arrived at a narrow, cramped alley. Naturally, the cold was still present everywhere, but it was a disposal site for waste scraps so there weren't any gusts of freezing wind blowing through and thanks to the surrounding rooftops, the place was covered from snowfall.