Chapter 11 - Spirit Doujin

"This is the room. Please come in."

Kotori unlocked the door using a key and urged Syouji and the others to go in.

The room was on the first floor of the tall building next to the Itsuka residence, where all the Spirits resided.

Syouji turned the doorknob and entered as the Spirits took off their shoes before entering the room. Everyone's eyes glistened with wonder once they saw the inside of the room.

"This is...." Shidou muttered looking around.

"Our very own war room." Syouji finished his sentence.

Inside the room there were working desks lined up and on top of them were various drawing tools already prepared.

All the desks and tools here were all brand new as if they had never been touched before. The meeting only happened around an hour ago.

As expected, <Ratatoskr> works fast.

"W-What...this is amazing!"

"Umu, it is!"

"It looks like a pro's..."

"Kaka! Hou, isn't this an appropriate place for us Yamai to show off our skill?"

When everyone came in, they immediately began admiring the room's interior and the equipment brought for the plan.

Kotori then walked over to the center of the room and turned towards everyone as she raised her voice.

"Alright, everyone. Our deadline is two days from now. On December 31st, during Comic Colosseum's last day, Nia's circle will be participating them."

Saying that, Kotori spread both of her hands to her side and continued.

"On that day, we will set up our booth next to Nia's. We'll be printing our doujin with the same number of copies as her, and then we will sell them faster."

In response to Kotori, the Spirits raised their voices [Ooh!].

"The problem is that we don't have much time. It certainly won't be a lie if we hand her a book created by us. That's why, the story and main character's drawings will be done by us."

"But...are you sure this will work? Our opponent is a pro manga artist, you know?" Shidou asked.

"Well, it's true that we wouldn't be able to match her commercially, but because it's a doujin event, the number of books we can bring with us is limited."

"Then let's say we can sell the books faster, how do we make her admit defeat...?"

When Shidou asked that, Syouji spoke up.

"That depends. Although, since I've challenged her, it would be up to her pride. But our goal is to get her to read our book, so I think the chances are high."

"...Then, the problem is—"

"That's right." Not letting him finish, Syouji figured out what he was going to say. "How do we create a doujin that will toucher her heart, and how will we sell faster than her? —Kotori."

After Syouji said that, Kotori nodded and walked up to the whiteboard on the wall while the jacket hanging on her shoulders fluttered behind her.

"We should decide on our roles first. Of course, the story will be written by everyone. The problem is the art. I want to ask a question first, is there anyone here who has experience drawing manga or illustrations?"