Chapter 8 (Part 1)

Finally got out of a rabbit hole filled with time travel fanfics. Now I can work on this chapter. 

Sorry for splitting this into two parts, but it's kinda long and I have no motivation right now. Oh, and college is starting soon for me so my horrible upload schedule is about to get a lot worse. Did I mention the fact I have no idea what I want my major to be?

My life is kinda a mess right now. Yayyyyy...

...

The Scout Regiment finally returned, but they were in a horrible state. Many of them were missing from the group and the ones that did returned looked like shit. You asked questions but didn't get much of a answer

When you finally managed to find out what happened...you were terrified.

They encountered a Titan, but this wasn't some abnormal. It had intelligence, skill, and was not to be trifled with. Not even Levi's squad or Eren could stop her. The worst part was that there possibility that she was a Titan shifter like Eren, chances are she's hiding among you and everyone else.

That scared you the most, due to how many questions it raises. Why is she doing this? What's her deal with Eren? When will she strike next? Who can be trusted? Is anyone safe?

Could she possibly be related to Marco's demise?

It didn't help that you had a message for Erwin Smith, ordering him to escort Eren to the capital. It seemed like everything was going horribly wrong and no one could fix it.

Lucky for everyone, Erwin had a plan. Albeit a very crazy one.

*Y/N's POV*

Y/N: So let me get this straight. You're going to have Jean disguise himself as Eren and let him be escorted to the capital, lure Annie underground in order to capture her, all the while having to worry about the possibility that she'll transform and going on a rampage through the Stohess District?

Erwin: Yes.

Y/N: You can't be serious.

Levi: Like it or not, we're going to go through with this. If you can't handle that then-

Y/N: I understand. It's not exactly a great plan, but it's better than nothing. I'll do what I can to help, but only under one condition.

Erwin: And what is it?

Y/N: My parents....can I at least get them out of Stohess?

Erwin: Yes, but make sure they're out by morning.

Y/N: I will.... Thank you commander.

Timeskip

Y/N: You sure you wanna stay here? There's still a chance something can wrong.

Adalhard: I'm well aware of the risk, but I'm not going anywhere. This is our home, and I'll defend it no matter what.

Y/N: Never though there would be a day when a Titan would be inside the inner wall.

Adalhard: Nor did I...

...

Adalhard: Y/N...there's something I need to tell you.

Y/N: What is it?

Adalhard: *sharp inhale* I went through your journal while you were seeing the Scouts off.

Your eyes widened. Questions started to fill your head. 

How did he find it? Did you leave it out by accident? What was he gonna say?

Y/N: What...what did you see?

Adalhard: Enough to understand how you feel about the Military Police. It's clear to me that forcing you to join them was a mistake. You deserve to make your own choices, and not have others decide for you.

Y/N: D-Dad...does this mean?

Adalhard: When this is over, you have my permission to join the Scouts.

Y/N: Father...are you sure about this.

Adalhard: *smiles* Yes. Yes I am.

For a brief moment, you forgot about everything you've been through and the danger that was present in your own home. For just a few seconds, everything seemed right in the world.

Unfortunately the happy father-son moment was quickly ruined when you saw a flare being shot into the sky. So much for everything being right in the world.

Y/N: And things were going so well. I need ODM gear.

Adalhard: Alright, let's get you ready for battle.

As the two of you left the observation post in order to get ODM gear, you could hear faint explosion in the distance.

Annie was on the move, there was no time to waste.

Timeskip 2 Electric Boogaloo

Adalhard: Ready?

Y/N: Yeah, just doing one last check before I head into battle. Annie won't get away this time.

Adalhard: Be careful. You may be on familiar ground, but that doesn't mean it'll be easy. She wouldn't hesitate to kill you, so don't hesitate to kill her if you must.

Y/N: I understand. What do you plan to do?

Adalhard: I'm going to rally the Military Police. They're mostly useless, but it's better than nothing. We can't take any chances.

Y/N:  Yeah, good luck with that. (I just hope Marlo and Hitch don't get wrapped up in this.)

You made your way outside and saw the Female Titan running through Stohess. You grabbed your hand grip/handle/whatever you call it and zipped after her.

Y/N: (It's kind of a shame, I wanted to be friends with you, but I guess it's too late now. A lot of people died because of you, and so many families have been torn apart because of you. I can't let you escape from Stohess. This is where it ends Annie.)