Chapter 8 (Part 2)

College is starting tomorrow

Pain

I'll try to make a new chapter when I got time

...

Flashback

*An hour after the 57th expedition began*

Hitch: So...do you love Sasha?

You groaned. She was asking THAT question again. Every since you became part of the Military Police, Hitch was always asking how you felt about Sasha. You were understandably sick of it.

Y/N: How many times are you going to ask?

Hitch: As many times as necessary. So do you like her or not?

Y/N: If I answer, will you stop bothering me?

Hitch: Maybe.

Y/N: *sigh* Fine, I'll bite. Yes I like Sasha, now leave me be.

You began to walk away after you gave Hitch your answer. But before you could leave,mshe said something that stopped you dead in your tracks.

Hitch: If you like Sasha so much, then why did you become part of the Military Police instead of joining the Scouts?

You turned back, shocked over what you heard. Never did you imagine someone asking you that, even less so from Hitch of all people. And yet, it happened.

You tried to give an answer, but words failed to come out. Truth is, you didn't have an answer. Sure your father insisted you become part of the MP, but you didn't want to. You want to be with your friends, not wasting time doing nothing in Wall Sina.

Hitch: Were you forced to join?

Y/N: I...suppose you could say that.

Hitch: Can't you just switch branches?

Y/N: It's...complicated Hitch. If I could explain my reason why I would, but I can't.

Hitch: Sounds like an excuse. It's fine though, you don't have to tell me why you're here. I just wanted to know how you felt about Sasha, that's all. See ya!

You watch as she left the room. Silence soon fell.

...

Discomfit slowly began to fill the room.

...

Your fist slowly began to clench as guilt started to take hold.

...

You tried to calm yourself, but it was already too late.

Y/N: DAMNIT!

You punched the wall out of frustration. Your hand felt horrible, but you didn't care. You've been keeping it inside you for too long and couldn't take it anymore.

After a few seconds of cursing yourself and shedding some tears, you sat on a chair and starting reminiscing about your cadet days. You wanted to go back. You wanted you could relive those days. The days before Trost was attacked. The days before your lost so many friends. The days before you became part of the MP. Kind of ironic given how hellish some of those days were.

Y/N: If only you were still here Marco. I wish I could of helped you. I wish I could of done a little more back in Trost. I wish...I wasn't so weak. I know I couldn't save you but...

You hung your head low. You missed them. You missed all of them. Eren, Armin, Mikasa, Connie, Jean, Marco, and especially Sasha. 

Y/N: I'm sorry...I'm sorry for being such a horrible friend.