Chapter 1

"Come on, Roan," you said, backing up to give him space to get off the ground, "I know you can fight harder than that." You smiled as he rose to his feet. Roan, the prince, had been training you for years, he had turned you into the strongest warrior of Azgeda.

Roan chuckled, "I don't want to actually hurt you," he responded, rushing at you, sword raised above his head.

You blocked his attack, placing a kick to his stomach, "you can't."

Roan quickly regained his composure, but waited for you to attack. You wasted no time rushing him, only he sidestepped you, aiming a kick for your back as you stumbled forward. He quickly followed you, spinning before you could recover, his sword hovering at your neck.

"Defense is your strength, go on the offensive and you will lose," he warned, finally lowering his sword.

You rolled your eyes in frustration, "only when I'm fighting you." You sheathed your sword on your side.

"No Andra, the warriors you face outside these walls will stop at nothing to kill you," he said, following you.

You turned on him, "why? All these years you have trained me to be the best, trained me to never lose, but you have never once told me why."

Roan ran a hand through his hair, "just trust me, okay?"

You sighed, letting your anger simmer down as you threw water in your face and hair, washing away the sweat. You nodded, "okay."

"Same time tomorrow," he said, flashing you a smile.

You chuckled, "tonight is the Ice Queen's celebration, are you sure we will be recovered by tomorrow?"

Roan laughed, taking a drink from his canteen, "my mother does throw some crazy parties for the winter solstice."

"I suppose the Ice Nation should have a winter celebration," you mused, "it is tradition after all."

You and Roan walked side-by-side out of the clearing where you trained, making your way back to the main encampment of Azgeda where your quarters were. You arrived and split off into separate directions, Roan heading for the main palace and you heading for your small den made into the rock.

"Andra," Roan called, "see you tonight."

You flashed him a teasing smile over your shoulder, "only if you're lucky, my prince." Roan rolled his eyes at you as you turned around, wanting to get cleaned up and changed before the fun began.