Chapter 2

You cleaned yourself up and changed into more comfortable clothes. There wasn't much for formal wear on Earth, but you didn't care much for it anyway. You pulled on a pair of tight cargo pants and a dark thin long sleeve shirt. You pulled on your only pair of boots and tied your hair in a loose braid. You looked in the reflection of your water basin, this was about as formal as you got.

In Azgeda, most everything was practical, except the Queen, she was extravagant, powerful, loud and, most of all, terrifying. But she had taken a liking to you after she watched you defeat warrior after warrior in the summer games. At that time, she didn't know that Roan had trained you, but she did now and she was never disappointed with your progress.

You set your sword on the side of your makeshift bed, choosing to celebrate today instead of fight. You made your way across the Azgeda village, towards the palace grounds where the party was taking place. The Queen took the winter solstice very seriously, there was food and drink to go around and it was an Ice Nation celebration only.

You nodded to a few other warriors as you entered the grounds and immediately grabbed a horn with drink inside, staying on the outskirts of the celebration, watching people dance extravagantly, high on gobi nuts and alcohol.

"I wondered if you would actually show," a deep voice came next to you, you glanced over at Roan, a drink in his hand. His hair was pulled back, his muscle rippling through his tight shirt as he moved.

You lifted up your drink with a smile, "I'm only here for the refreshments."

Roan leaned on a stump next to you, "want to take a bet on how long it will take the dancing to turn into fighting."

You laughed, taking another drink, "probably not long, it never is."

Roan smiled in amusement as you both sat in silence, watching the people around you and drinking. "Refill?" he asked, gesturing to your empty horn.

"If I didn't know better, prince, I would think you are trying to reduce my senses," you laughed, handing the horn to him.

He returned a few moments later, handing you a filled horn, "you deserve to have some fun, you know," he said, leaning a bit closer, "all you have done since you were young is fight and train."

You looked at him seriously, "you told me I have to, if I want to be the best, I need focus."

Roan nodded, "I know, but every once in a while, it's okay to forget about all that."

You smiled mischievously and downed the rest of the drink in your horn, "well then it's a good thing we came to this," you laughed, handing him the horn to get more, "just make sure I don't do anything stupid."

—---------------------------------

Hours, and several drinks, later you were jumping around with Roan as the snow fell lazily around you. For the first time in your whole life, the fighting didn't matter and your mind was blank. It was euphoric to feel nothing, the mixture of alcohol and gobi nuts in your system freeing your mind.

Your senses dulled as the sky got darker, you were jumping around with the other dancers, when someone grabbed onto your hips, "Andra, I didn't think you were one for the parties?" You turned and came face to face with Zoran, one of the other warriors.

You laughed, throwing your head back, "well, I should have come a long time ago," you said loudly. You started dancing with Zoran, your movements flowy and never ending.

"It's nice to see you in something other than armor," Zoran said loudly.

You just shook your head at him and kept moving. You had so much energy all of the sudden, it was like every nerve in your body was tingling. Zoran didn't seem to mind, he kept moving with you, not saying another word.

A little while later, you felt Zoran's hands removed from your body, your eyes focused as you saw him being thrown out of the square, landing hard on the ground. Roan's face was now looking into yours, looking you over.

You didn't even process what happened, you just shrugged and kept dancing. Roan pulled you aside handing you a horn. You smiled, taking a big drink, only for the taste of water to disappoint you. "What the hell, Roan?" you said, handing him back the horn.

Roan looked concerned, "it'll help you sober up," he said, handing it back.

You shook your head, the euphoric sense wearing off already, "you told me to have fun, now you're ruining it."

Roan shook his head, "my mother laced the drink with Turbina, that's why you feel so hyperactive."

You pouted, "but it feels good Roan, for once I don't have to worry about anything." You held your hand to your head, a sudden ache appearing.

Roan held your face in his hands, "the withdrawal is already setting in, that's good."

You shook your head, "I feel terrible, I need more." You reached for a horn of drink, but Roan pulled your hand away.

"Too much Turbania could kill you," he whispered.

You grabbed your head again, the ache coming with a vengeance, every bone in your body wanted more. "Then why is everyone else fine?" you asked, anger setting in.

Roan pulled you closer to him, stopping you from walking away from him, "you are not like everyone else."

Before you could even ask him what he meant, you started to get very dizzy, the brain fog setting in as you leaned into Roan's frame. "Roan, I don't-" and then everything was black.

—-------------------------

ROAN'S POV

Andra collapsed into his arms, he supported your weight easily and picked you up off the ground. "It's ok," he soothed although you had already passed out, "I got you."

He carried you towards the main palace, no one seemed to notice as they continued to be consumed by the drink and gobi nuts. As he was about to step off the main square, his mother approached, "what is going on, my son," the Queen asked.

Roan chuckled, playing it off, "it seems Andra has trouble with knowing her limits."

The Queen studied him suspiciously but nodded, "well let her rest, I have a mission for both of you in the morning."

Roan nodded respectfully to his mother before continuing on, sighing a breath of relief as he was out of earshot, he couldn't have his mother finding out the things he knows, especially about Andra.